Website wants to install software

reb00tin

Gawd
This a Chinese TV network, broadcasting 24 hr news like CNN:

http://english.cntv.cn/live/p2p/index.shtml

A couple of days ago it stopped showing video, and Firefox pops a warning that the website wants to install software. Chrome offers no warning. My OS is Linux and Flash is working fine otherwise.

Any ideas?

it wants to install a video player, not sure what you can do other than install it?

It is China's most official new channel, but who knows if it is from an advert of intentionally from CCTV. P2Plive, I would assume that it does when the file name implies and reduces bandwidth demand from the site.

It is China's most official new channel, but who knows if it is from an advert of intentionally from CCTV. P2Plive, I would assume that it does when the file name implies and reduces bandwidth demand from the site.

Thank you. It doesn't say what the intended plugin does. Could it just be a Chinese version of Flash? I'm using NoScript and only allowing the cntv.cn domain, so it must be coming from there. It sounds like a security risk to me.

Thank you. It doesn't say what the intended plugin does. Could it just be a Chinese version of Flash? I'm using NoScript and only allowing the cntv.cn domain, so it must be coming from there. It sounds like a security risk to me.

So don't install it? "This must be the plugin I need" are the famous last words before a shit ton of malware gets installed on computers :)

The Chinese version of Flash is Flash.

Back