Website feedback

badz24

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys just was hoping to get a lil feedback on my website, i got it back up not to long ago and i feel like its missing something. (other than people lol)
http://post-whore.com

that intro splash page is completely useless. there is no need for it, all it does is force me to click a button to enter your site.

as for the design, it looks like any other post-nuke site, nothing exciting there.

the content is compelling though, kinda like a "news of the weird" sort of thing, which would actually keep me coming back. so keep the content fresh and interesting and i'll easily overlook the bland design.

the home page was honestly throw together i need to atleast add a timed redirect. This is my first time using anything other than XMB my last setup was a highly moded version till it got hacked (what a shock with XMB) After loosing all that work i just couldnt see putting to much time into it. I found php nuke and it has most of the things my old site had.

As for content once i get all my pictures up thats the biggest part of the sites content.

As for it being bland, i can see that. Im just not sure how to go about spicing it up without looking to flashy.

badz24 said:
As for content once i get all my pictures up thats the biggest part of the sites content.

As for it being bland, i can see that. Im just not sure how to go about spicing it up without looking to flashy.

it's only bland in that "cookie-cutter" sort of way. you know, as in i've seen that layout and design a thousand times before. you can often spice up a design without getting flashy at all. a lot of times all it takes is proper placement of colors, white-space, and font selection.

maybe start by getting rid of the cream-on-cream color scheme, and the borders around each section and content entry. experiment a bit with different fonts and colors for headings and sections, and think about how you want to use these to draw the viewers attention to the different parts of your page.

thanks for the feedback, i changed a lil around im sure ill do more when i have time. More feedback would be great!

badz24 said:
...This is my first time using anything other than XMB my last setup was a highly moded version till it got hacked (what a shock with XMB) After loosing all that work i just couldnt see putting to much time into it. I found php nuke and it has most of the things my old site had....
Welcome to "I Got Hacked!" v 2.0. PHP-Nuke is notorious.

As noted before, the splash page is useless. At least you junked the click, but you're still wasting the viewer's time.

I sure wouldn't have those blatant, clashy W3C logos when your site doesn't validate. I wouldn't even use those logos if it did validate.

On the upside, you do have content. That's more than ~90% of the Nuke sites that get linked here.

Back