website color help

se4b4ss

Gawd
i need some help sprucing up the colors on my website.

link

first off, thanks to ogre67 for the header and footer images. secondly, i'd like to seperate/make more appealing the text portion of the site. for instance, if you go to "find a contractor" and search for all listings with a space character, you'll get a huge result page. they all seem to run together and i think they need color to seperate them.

let me know what you think and your suggestions (in hex would be nice) for colors.

btw, i use these colors right now...

black { color:#000000 }
darkblue { color:#000066 }
darkyellow { color:#ffcc00 }
white { color:#ffffff }

thanks in advance,
se4b4ss

wow... that top banner/head is HUGE imo.

continue it over or stretch it out, and carry the two blue bars to the edges. Then change the bg color from white to a grey.

yeah, the header is pretty big... maybe make that a little slimmer and like he said before, extend the bars to the edge and a grey background.

Man, i just typed out this nice pretty post, and then i cleared my cookies and yeah.

here's a little thing i did:
http://s91721667.onlinehome.us/TCR.jpg

I'd change some capitalization, namley "us" in the top right hand side, and Some of the things in the lower content area.

I'd see about having a different banner on the pages after the homepage, but i think that for just the homepage, the larger banner works out alright.

For the search results i'd utilize bolding some elements, and maybe use a star, or hammer, or something like that for the rating instead of just a number. Also do somethign like newegg, where you have both, and then have the rating be x/x instead of just x. Maybe you could grab the logos of the construction companies, and use those instead of just displaying their name?

Just a few thoughts.. take them with a grain of salt

edit: i also think a light gray BG would be nice. esp. with the shadowing i put on that mock-up

i think you should have a mouse overon the buttonswherethe gradient invertsso it loks like itsbeing pressed

i like it bob. what fonts are on that example? and how would i do the shadow on the side?

i have implemented some of your suggestions already. I appreciate all of them.

*edit* - does my site line up with browsers other than ie?

thanks,
se4b4ss

shaz-- i accidently deleted the .psd i had, i meant to save it if you had any questions. i think it might have been Letter Gothic Std, i remember 'gothic' being part of the name.

For more color, i was thinking maybe you could get the state flag of Texas, and put it in a layer behind the 'map' of the state, it almost looks like there was meant to be a flag there becuase of the faint gray lines behind it. That might help you to be able to squeeze in some new colors

Back