Web Site Popup question

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
I want to create a survey. One survey for existing customers and another for non-customers. I want a popup to come up when you visit my site with links to both surveys that people can choose from.

A) How do I go about creating this popup so that when you go my site it is activated
B) How can I make it so IE or firefox and etc won't block that popup?

Thanks much in advance.:confused:

Most pop-up blockers will allow a pop-up launched via an onClick event, while most ad blockers will not allow a pop-up launched via onLoad unless you use some trickery (which Google can help you find).

You can also examine the code of sites that use pop-ups that manage to weave their way around some blockers, but no two blockers are the same, and users may have them configured so that they aren't even alerted. I see no reason to bother trying to do onLoad pop-ups. Use a button/link that users can click If your user wants to take a survey -- don't turn people away by forcing something down their throat that they don't request.

To put it bluntly: if a device does not help the user in some way, it shouldn't be used. All you're doing with onLoad pop-ups is turning visitors away.

Another option would to make a CSS Div appear with the pop up. Something similar to a light box but not as annoying.

Another option would to make a CSS Div appear with the pop up. Something similar to a light box but not as annoying.

I quite frankly hate those, because they aren't blocked and won't get out of the way (most use a fake windows looking theme too). Most of the time I'll just close the tab when one of those is blocking my view of the web page.

Back