Web (Multie Select w/Checkboxes drop down)

oplin

Gawd
Anybody have a link or code that will allow this? What i need is multi selection on a select box that is a drop down, ie doesn't have more than one value showing until you click on it. I know this isn't possible with HTML, but is possible with DHTML or Javascript. Been searching the web for a bit now and didn't find anything real exciting. I know it's not a select box now, but i want to mimic that behavoir. If prototype or script.aculo.us have something that would be preferable. Using Jsp if that matters.

Thanks,

wah?

So... you want to mimic a multi-select list layout and functionality with check boxes instead?

Or do you want a drop down that displays check boxes instead? If that's the case - you could definitely work out something like a modal popup that's constrained to a region, and instead of 'popping' up, it slides down (not from the top of the page but from your specified region). Than inside it you could have your check boxes.

Not sure what you're asking for beyond that?

Or wait, do you want a multi-select list that displays as a single select list? So you want the ability to select multiple options from a single select list?

Sounds like he wants a dropdown menu in which each item has it's own checkbox

Yeah, but the more i looked into it, just having it so you can click on the item works out fine too. The drop down has to be 1 line though or 1 item starting out. When you click on it, it expands and then you can click and remove items like the multi select normally does. When you click away it pulls up back to just 1 line, it's for a report online and i didn't want to have it be all cluttered by having 4 multi selects that took up alot of space.

I got something working pretty well, i used a text input and a image put next to each other looks almost next to each other as the select element. I hide the select element, i read in the select elements dom transform it into a table, when the user clicks on the text input it displays the table right below it, just need to get some finishing touches on it and it'll be done. Works perfect cause selects on the table go to the select control and it's pretty transparent coding as the html is almost all generated on the fly, just a js call is needed to get it going. Was hardest part was creating the dom elements. Not sure why no one has done this before, seemed like there was easybox or something that had it but it was in asp .net and some other site had one but it sucked.

Back