Web Design Gurus here?

bordes

Gawd
Hello,

I'm currently working on a project website and my web design skills are limited. I have already purchased the domain and the server. I've bought and purchased a word-press template (uploaded it) but I do not have the ability to edit the template in the manner that I want.

How much would professional services usually cost to tweak and edit a wordpress template?
hundreds? thousands?

Perhaps there is someone within the community here I could paypal some dollars to for help.

It usually depends on how much work is involved and what the developer thinks you understand about the project. If they think you're a sucker expect to get an estimate way out of the ballpark. I would suggest trying to determine if the changes you wish to be made are mostly involving style sheet changes or if you need some PHP work done. The PHP work will cost you more if that is what is required. I live in Atlanta and I've seen prices ranging from 10 dollars an hour for a student to do the work all the way up to 25 an hour for a self promoting "guru".

Most of us will quote you a price for the entire project though instead of breaking it down to hourly if the goals are well defined and straight forward.

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project website and my web design skills are limited. I have already purchased the domain and the server. I've bought and purchased a word-press template (uploaded it) but I do not have the ability to edit the template in the manner that I want.

How much would professional services usually cost to tweak and edit a wordpress template?
hundreds? thousands?

Perhaps there is someone within the community here I could paypal some dollars to for help.
It would be much better to understand your perspective and experience level first... What's wrong with the existing means of editing Wordpress templates? What do you not like about it? How would you prefer this to be done?

Shoot me a PM with what template you purchased and a summary of what you would like modified. I will give you a fair price if the requests are too outrageous.

Just to give an idea on pricing... standard rate at my 9-5 job is $115/hour and I usually charge around $45/hour for projects outside work. Your choice.

Back