Web browsing: Changing your country of origin?

Valnar

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there a web site, tool, Firefox plugin, or something will allow you to spoof your country of origin so you can view web sites that are not allowed for your original country? I don't know if they do it by public IP range, ASN or what.

Example: http://www.bbc.co.uk/merlin/

I'd like to see the videos there, but they know I am not in the UK.

Find a proxy based in the UK.

NVM this part. thought it loaded for me at first. My mistake

you can use a proxy to do this (just search for one is said area). Used to use one to watch canadian hockey games that werent broadcast here, but most seem to be pretty slow... just a heads up if you're using it for anything other than surfing

You would be breaking the law watching that on the BBC you know! (I don't expect that you pay for a UK TV license out there where you live lol)

I've tried to access some content on American sites (more specifically Hulu) and it would not work which is kinda annoying! Even through proxies it didn't work (I'm guessing these sites locate their useres using their IP addresses)

Proxies are most probably going to be pretty slow for streaming stuff off iPlayer and stuff...

I wasn't planning on watching whole episodes - just wanted to see what I was missing. ;)

Thanks.

Haha, if you can't find a way to watch it from another country it might help to know that most BBC shows are available on DVD...

Back