Web browsers for 5.0 Lollipop?

Skripka

[H]F Junkie
So far the only browsers I've found that run well in Lollipop are Chrome

...and CM Browser, that up until now I'd never heard of. But it is lightweight and wicked fast and works...and even runs mobile H fine.

Sadly Dolphin Browser runs like crap on my Nexus 6 and 5.0.1 , and custom ROMs and kernels don't change that.

Opera Mobile has long been my goto. It's the only major browser that gets text reflow wrapping perfect.

Are you guys running on phones or tablets? Firefox works fine on my Nexus 10.

I'm loving Chrome with ChromePie Xposed module. It brings back Pie controls like the old AOSP browser had before Chrome became the default Android browser. Unfortunately you can't use it on the N6 though since Xposed still hasn't updated his framework to work with ART yet. I'm happy to stay on Kitkat until he supports ART though.

CM browser has a bad UI and it's English grammar sucks iirc. Firefox feels slow on even the fastest of phones for some reason. Dolphin also feels pretty slow, and I don't mean in web page loading. Pinch to zoom, animations, etc. all feel kinda laggy. Maybe it's changed a little since the last I tried was a year or so ago.

The only browser that really comes close to Chrome is Opera but it still doesn't quite match Chrome.

CM browser has a bad UI and it's English grammar sucks iirc. Firefox feels slow on even the fastest of phones for some reason. Dolphin also feels pretty slow, and I don't mean in web page loading. Pinch to zoom, animations, etc. all feel kinda laggy. Maybe it's changed a little since the last I tried was a year or so ago.

The only browser that really comes close to Chrome is Opera but it still doesn't quite match Chrome.

Latest Dolphin ran great on Kit Kat...Lollipop not so much.

Considering how long it took Dolphin to run decently under any of the 4.0 builds I'd give them 2 years to get solid performance under 5.0 :p

Back