Web-based firewall (iptables) setup?

The Hunter

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know of a fairly stable and reliable package that will do web based configuration of iptables?
Currently I'm running ClarkConnect, and it does its job so far as it goes, but it doesn't go much further. I'd like to replace it with a complete install, one that can do whatever I need - gameserver, experimental apache/php/mysql setup, etc. The only thing I'm really going to miss is the nice little web based control panel for forwarding ports, etc. I'd prefer to not have to mess with my firewall scripts whenever i want to open a port to test something.
It would be nice if it were available as a portage package in Gentoo (that's what I'm leaning towards using), but I can just do a plain compile from source if need be.

Suggestions?

emerge shorewall

it's not quite web based, but it's really straight forward. it uses a handful of it's own config files to set up iptables. the shorewall website has excellent documentation and examples to get you going in no time.

now that i think about it.... i think shorewall might be compatible with webmin... so that might work for ya...

Shorewall with the webmin module is the best thing i've come across. It made Iptables a whole lot easier.

If you dont care about it being web based, I use fwbuilder. Its an object based firewall builder. The current version is based on GTK, but the new version comming out is based on QT.

Take a look at www.fwbuilder.org

Joe

Back