We Do Not Comment on Yet-to-be-Released Products Unless We Do

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We all already know that Samsung is officially announcing its Galaxy S9 phone at Unpacked next month. And we have already seen the specs on the side of the S9 packaging. But in the corporate world it is extremely unusual for a company to officially comment on a yet-to-be-released product. This is usually the case due to SEC rules and regulations, but it seems as though Samsung says, "Damn the torpedoes," and not only comments on the official launch of the phone, but even comments on how it is going to impact company earnings in Q1'18 in an official press release. Hmmm. Very odd. Hope they are not pulling an Apple.

In the first quarter, the company expects the mobile business to improve its earnings, led by an increase in sales of flagship products with the launch of Galaxy S9.

any mention of 5g on this guy? can't seem to find a legit source for a yay or a nay.

any mention of 5g on this guy? can't seem to find a legit source for a yay or a nay.
Samsung doesn't have a modem in production that can do it, neither does Qualcomm. Everything is in early testing, I wouldn't even expect 5G in 2019 phones. When you look at Qualcomms own documentation of the SD 845, which the US S9 will use, and the platform it runs with, there's no 5G in it.

Samsung doesn't have a modem in production that can do it, neither does Qualcomm. Everything is in early testing, I wouldn't even expect 5G in 2019 phones. When you look at Qualcomms own documentation of the SD 845, which the US S9 will use, and the platform it runs with, there's no 5G in it.
Boo-erns. I had just read that Qualcomm has a prototype phone up and running with a 3/4/5g modem late 2017 and was hoping Samsung would blow our socks off. Need a new phone but want to wait for 5g...

Edit:there is information floating they will announce the galaxy x with 5g...

Back