We Are All Going To Die!!!

Holy shit, if I saw that coming after me I would shit my pants so hard. IT'S TASTED HUMAN BLOOD! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Looks like it should be running the other direction. Mount a cannon to the top of this thing and Transformers here we come lol

Wonder how it handles uneven terrain. My guess is it will just topple over. Doesnt look like it has much for suspension give.

So as long as you can run up a hill or just not in a straight line, I think we will be safe for now :p

Wonder how it handles uneven terrain. My guess is it will just topple over. Doesnt look like it has much for suspension give.

So as long as you can run up a hill or just not in a straight line, I think we will be safe for now :p

Hand it to Boston Dynamics, they can solve that problem. Unfortunately that would eliminates it's only weakness.

I'd guess the average human can hit a top speed faster than 18mph so we are safe for now

I'd guess the average human can hit a top speed faster than 18mph so we are safe for now

But for how long? Even the worlds fastest 200m sprinter maxes out at 23mph. With adrenaline maybe you can go 3 times that but eventually fatigue sets in and you will die being run over by a headless robot dog.

I mean't 3 times the distance, not the speed :| I myself can hit about 16 on a 200m but I am a big guy, not meant to run so once fatigues sets in which is very quickly, I am screwed.

Actually the fastest sprinters top out closer to 30mph...however they average 22-23 over the length of the sprint.

Id be surprised to see the average american even hit 18mph....bunch of fat asses this country is.

I watched a some of the NFL combine 40yd dashes. They were topping out in the low 20s. I would say the average healthy male doesn't reach 18mph, so the average human (including women, children, and elderly) would be much lower.

ok maybe I'm giving the "average human" too much credit but it looks like fastest top speed a human has hit is about 27mph. I'm sure there are plenty that can hit atleast 67% of that mark.

But for how long? Even the worlds fastest 200m sprinter maxes out at 23mph. With adrenaline maybe you can go 3 times that but eventually fatigue sets in and you will die being run over by a headless robot dog.

Unless, you do something crazy like turn. :D

???

Neither does the ball and socket joint on your hip. It's the knees that can bend, which this thing has.

Considering 100 years ago the best anyone had for anything was rickity ass wheels with spokes, you've got to imagine in another 100 years this sort of thing is going to be pretty capable. And by capable I mean scary.

As long as you can run 1 foot longer than the cord, you'll be ok :)

Actually the fastest sprinters top out closer to 30mph...however they average 22-23 over the length of the sprint.

Id be surprised to see the average american even hit 18mph....bunch of fat asses this country is.

ACTUALLY, the fastest sprinter topped out at ~44 MPH. But not sustained, of course.

EDIT: Whoops, that was 44 km/h, not mph. Apologies. :eek:

So in reality it's more like 23 mph.

Personally, I'd be more afraid of the flying/hovering terminator style killing machines. In my opinion, there's a higher likelihood of eluding capture if it's restricted to running on the ground.

What they did not show was the prototype for the fanged mouth that can cut through 2 inches of steel! :eek:

Don't worry people, you just have to run the lenght of its extention cord. :D

haroldkumarcheetah.png

Why run?

No you can do better than 23. Hell I can even now at 38. Going downhill a bit maybe but when I was younger I could burst to 24 on the flat and I believe I saw Reggie Bush hit 25 in a football game two years ago. I think 26-27 is the fastest. Bolt the Jamaican sprinter could probably do that.

Still, this is just the first. They will get faster.

Haha, saw this earlier and had to share it with ya. Glad you posted it for everyone else to see! Freaking awesome goddamn.

Back