We are a bunch of cheats??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is ridiculous, this has come up before, more than once I believe, and it is well known that we fold what we get and that's that. Geez, why do people get all whiny about this anyways, the point is the science!

This is ridiculous, this has come up before, more than once I believe, and it is well known that we fold what we get and that's that. Geez, why do people get all whiny about this anyways, the point is the science!

I agree but in the past the arguement has only raged here and at EVGA, this time its gone "public"

not quite, i saw that yesterday and merely posted on EVGA's board that quad g34 is no longer king of the folding hill.. this was after several members there had already started the cheating rant - today its moved over to the main folding forum board, that takes it to a new level of bullshit

It's still the same party, just a different house. :rolleyes:

No point in worrying about it if you aren't cheating. So let the butt hurt sink in, it's of no concern.

I didn't mention any teams in that thread. Skillz is right, don't worry about it if you're not cheating.

I don't get what your grudge is? If you know someone is cheating or have proof put it out there - I think most on this team would like to know if any member is cheating.

I didn't mention any teams in that thread. Skillz is right, don't worry about it if you're not cheating.

We aren't naive. We know who you're talking about since you just took the discussion to another forum where someone might agree with you.

I don't get what your grudge is? If you know someone is cheating or have proof put it out there - I think most on this team would like to know if any member is cheating.

He doesn't know anything at all. This only came up because we're in position to take back the top spot, so naturally, we MUST be cheating. That's the only plausible explanation for an unsponsored team to taking down a corporate sponsored one...

It suck to see such a shortage of lube to have people get butt-hurt...

Somebody remind me, but isn't Folding basically a charity? We donate CPU cycles for free, and the only thing Stanford rewards us are a score. And you don't get anything other than e-peen points for that score.

So, isn't any and all folding a good thing? Are people losing sight that folding is for the human race as a whole and not for competition? How petty is that.

Not defending "cheaters" (if cheating at donating to a charity is really a bad thing...), I just figure its a waste of effort and it shifts the focus from what folding is really about.

I remember ppl getting upset over i7 bonus, ppl getting upset over losing i7 bonus, now ppl upset thinking ppl are somehow cheating to get a better bonus. These bonus points sure get ppl hot under the collar.

SatTech hit the nail on the head. No worries tho, they'll cry to EVGA, there will be some huge multi thousand dollar give away, just like the last time they did like $14,000 or something like that, Plus bucks?

Then about a month or two later the [H] train will be right on top of them again and it'll be another crazy story followed by another give away.

Sooner or later tho we'll get our crown back. Its much more fun to play fair and stomp someone than cheat and stomp someone. At least this way we can laugh as we pass them lol.

And just to stur the hornets nest some, if were the cheaters how come every time [H] (a mostly CPU team) gets close to overtaking EVGA ( a huge GPU team, and also a close friend to stanford...) there's a huge CPU nerf from stanford, happened a few times now. Just saying... :)

Anyways, let them cry and moan all they want, we'll stick to our guns, and we'll remember why we are the best team in DC. Folders wanna go join some other DC project rather than folding? Hell, here that will get you more respect if you ask me lol, the commandos are tops in my book, do it at EVGA and you are public enemy number one lol. We've got the best team, the best forums, the best knowledge base (hell, why do you think EVGA takes all our guides lol, hell now they just link right too them lol), and the best all around attitude if you ask me. We take care of our own and we look out for our own, and if one or two people want to go and cheat as has gone on in the past we also "take care" of our own to preserve the team spirit. What good is wining if you didnt do it with the best group of guys and gals out there?

Bros, lay down the torches and pitchforks. All of EVGA aren't calling you "cheaters". We have over 800 "active" Folders on Team EVGA. Ask yourselves what percentage of those people have said anything about this thing? This is how our two teams get at odds with each other by the way. One person (on either team) says something and then it becomes "word" of the entire team.

I do respect Punchy and like him very much as a member of my team. I'm not here to defend or deny what has been said, just to remind everyone that we all have to get some perspective when any team member says anything that is not well received. There are plenty of times I've read stuff here that wasn't true or polite to say about our team. I don't run back and quote that person over at EVGA so I can rally support and anger towards [H]. That's because I have enough respect for you guys not to want to do that kind of thing.

We want to keep the #1 spot just as bad you want it back. I love that we are going at it tooth and nail with our PC's. It's a lot a fun. So let's not get the ass at each other, but let's Fold like we are all part of the same "disease attacking team". :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back