WD740ADFD vs WD3200AAKS

Sparkyy

[H]ard|Gawd
By the title I am trying to figure out if I should now use my WD740ADFD as my primary drive, (C:) for Vista and various programs as games are kept on another drive or just fleabay the drive since I just got a recertified today. I was thinking of moving the 320 in to my WHS build or just get another hard drive after selling the Raptor?

I know the Raptor is SATA I and the 320 is SATA II but with seek times and access times lower with the Raptor does that even matter as I've read the AAKS is about as fast as you can get before getting a raptor and this is the first gen Raptor.

So summary, swap the AAKS for a first gen raptor or just sell it off? :confused: Thanks for any input! :cool:

Maybe I should just try some benchmarks on my system and go from there as seek times lower but wouldn't the AAKS have more throughput since it is a newer drive.

it may have better throughput. my 74gig raptor starts off around 70 MB/s and goes down from there. It's really the seek/access time that it shines. For a boot drive, that's what you want. for something else, maybe throughput helps more.

Back