WD My Passport 2TB Portable HD + Samsung Pro / Ultra 64GB microSDXC - $110 shipped

Well this is crazy, literally have just been looking for a 2TB drive to replace my dying seagate, and a 64GB MicroSD for my Venue 8 Pro these past few days haha. Thanks.

Careful, this drive has no sata port if you open up the enclosure. If something happens to the USB port, you're SOL. Happened to be with another 2.5" external once and I'll never buy one again like that.

ok deal im looking for a deal on a 4tb with a 5yr warr, but no one runs them on sale as of yet.

Careful, this drive has no sata port if you open up the enclosure. If something happens to the USB port, you're SOL. Happened to be with another 2.5" external once and I'll never buy one again like that.

Yeap, won't buy it for that reason. They use their own proprietary connector that can't be used anywhere else.

What are good alternatives?

What are good alternatives?

The Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB is the only place you'll find a 9.5mm 2.5" 2TB drive (an M9T drive w/ standard SATA plugs) if you're looking to remove one. They usually run about $120 (I just put two of them in my laptop).

The Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB is the only place you'll find a 9.5mm 2.5" 2TB drive (an M9T drive w/ standard SATA plugs) if you're looking to remove one. They usually run about $120 (I just put two of them in my laptop).

Did not know that... I will give that a try!

It came next day from B&H... Cracked it open, and a Samsung spinpoint SATA drive was inside. Thank you for the tip!!

Glad it worked out - I am really surprised that these drives aren't sold bare yet, they've been in the external enclosures for months.

Glad it worked out - I am really surprised that these drives aren't sold bare yet, they've been in the external enclosures for months.

Not really surprising. That's where the demand is.

Not really surprising. That's where the demand is.

For dual drive laptops, having an ssd (sata or microsata) and a 1TB plus drive is a must for a power user. There are some NAS's that use 2.5" drives as well.

Back