WD Mainstream 3TB Internal Drive - In Store at Best Buy - $60-65 YMMV

yee245

Limp Gawd
I'm not sure if it's nationwide, but I saw the WD Mainstream/Desktop 3TB drive (it's basically the retail packaged 3TB Blue) for $60 in store at multiple Best Buys. It was listed as a $60 clearance price at one store, $60 limited time sale at another store, and $65 normal price at another (I forgot to grab a picture of that one). It shows up for the more typical price of $95 on the Best Buy website. I'm not sure how long it's going to last, but I've seen the $60 price on 6/4/17, 6/7/17,and 6/14/17, and the price tag says it was printed 05/06.

Product Page

It's not the fanciest drive, but it's not terrible at $20/TB, and no shucking needed, if you're just going to use it for storage in a desktop. The drive itself is a WD30EZRZ and should have a 2 year warranty.

clearance.jpg limited sale.jpg

The product page says that it is VR ready, so they have that going for them!

Obligatory mention that it is a 5400 RPM drive. Not a big deal to most though.

Got two locally earlier today. Live in TX. Was standing around at the open box table talking to a best buy worker for a while before I even inquired about this! turns out that he was the manager and when I showed him this thread he said he would give me this price for the remaining two. Actually only walked in for a freaking HDMI cord lmao. The 3 TB in my personal PC is pushing like 8000 hours... May as well replace : )

Last edited:
Back