WD Green SN350 2TB NVMe - $155 + Honey

I'm using the 1tb stick model I got from black Friday last year. So far so good.

I will say that the endurance rating is really low. Something like 100 TBW. Worried for the long term.

Either way, solid deal.

I'm using the 1tb stick model I got from black Friday last year. So far so good.

I will say that the endurance rating is really low. Something like 100 TBW. Worried for the long term.

Either way, solid deal.
I bought a 2TB Pioneer NVME (phison e12) drive last year. I don't even know if I've written 2TB to it more than once in that entire time. Mind you I'm 41 and don't have a ton of time for gaming anymore, but I bet a lot of folks simply don't write that much to their drives.

I bought a 2TB Pioneer NVME (phison e12) drive last year. I don't even know if I've written 2TB to it more than once in that entire time. Mind you I'm 41 and don't have a ton of time for gaming anymore, but I bet a lot of folks simply don't write that much to their drives.
Windows update has written more to most of my SSDs than I have.

My only complaint with this drive since getting it is the fact that the laptop I put it in is only yielding 1800MB/s~ read/write from it, which is about half of what it should be from a PCIe3/Ryzen 5800U setup.

Not sure where the hangup could be.

Still $139, what's the catch? (just curious, one already incoming)

Well, I guess the catch is "you get what you pay for". Use it for a non critical PC.

My only complaint with this drive since getting it is the fact that the laptop I put it in is only yielding 1800MB/s~ read/write from it, which is about half of what it should be from a PCIe3/Ryzen 5800U setup.

Not sure where the hangup could be.
It wouldn't be the first time that I've seen a manufacturer cut a corner and only allocate partial lanes for the storage or chipset. A drop from x4 to x2 bandwidth could roughly cut your speeds in half.

Still $139, what's the catch? (just curious, one already incoming)

Lower TBW, only 3 year warranty. I assume slower in real world use. For the price it might be okay, but I think we saw Crucial P5s for $150 recently which should be better than this. If you can get the WD Blues for around $150 I'd rather pay $10 more.

But options are always nice, and I assume these will drop even further.

Yeah, I grabbed one as a spare drive, if I get 3 years I'll be happy (and have not killed an SSD yet).

Now $139 at Amazon and Western Digital's store for the 2TB model. Funny the 2TB sata is $179 at Amazon.

Back