WD Caviar 500GB 300MB/S 16mb Cache - $87.99 at Best Buy

SC385

[H]ard|Gawd
Best Buy has put these on clearance. They are $172.99 marked down to about $88. I picked up the last two at my local store and my friend priced matched his from a few weeks ago when it was on sale. The model # is WD5000KSRTL. YMMV.

That's a pretty good deal for a 500GB hard drive. Here is a link to a 10% off coupon for a single item at BB.
(Doesn't say it includes HD's, but it will probably work-as long as the cashier will scan it. I used it on a PC game the other day even though it doesn't say they're included.)

If it's the "clearances" I'm thinking of, it's probably YMMV, and I've never had any luck on those at the BBs near me.

If it's the "clearances" I'm thinking of, it's probably YMMV, and I've never had any luck on those at the BBs near me.

aww... I was in the market for one of those too. Guess I'll swing by tomorrow and hope for the best.

:(

I just got two of these at the Parma, Ohio store. They rang up for $85.99! One cashier took the 10% off coupon but the other wouldn't :( Here is the link to the 10% off coupon https://moversguide.usps.com/img/coupon/bestbuy/200802_clientarea.gif

Edit: I just checked the warranty on these drives and they both have less than one year left. But it states three years on the box. It seems like you have to email them a copy of your receipt and then they will provide a three year warranty from the date of purchase, instead of the date of manufacture. Guess they have been sitting on the shelf for awhile.

...It seems like you have to email them a copy of your receipt and then they will provide a three year warranty from the date of purchase, instead of the date of manufacture.

WD is very good about doing this, it only takes about 2 days from the time you send the email for them to change the warranty information for the serial number of your drive. Just had that happen a few weeks ago...fyi

None at the BB on Broadway (660) in Manhattan.

Also noticed that they DRAMATICALLY reduced their hard drive inventory. There's about 8 hard drives in the entire store.

3 year warranty on retail boxed WD drives now? Seems a bit of a pain to have to go through hoops to get it, but w/e.

I got 3 for me and my friends at NJ BB, in Springfield. They had them behind the counter. It was the ones with the blue and black box, not the one with green.

I also got them Sunday and they said they had more.

Edit: I just checked the warranty on these drives and they both have less than one year left. But it states three years on the box. It seems like you have to email them a copy of your receipt and then they will provide a three year warranty from the date of purchase, instead of the date of manufacture. Guess they have been sitting on the shelf for awhile.

Best Buy honor's manufacturer warranties and in the system it states 3 years parts and labor. You shouldn't have to register with WD unless you wanna send it to them.

Best Buy honor's manufacturer warranties and in the system it states 3 years parts and labor. You shouldn't have to register with WD unless you wanna send it to them.

After the 30 day return policy, if the item doesn't have a "replacement plan" or a "service plan," which a hard drive doesn't qualify for, they make you deal with the manufacturer. if you have a vacuum, camera, or a computer that has a manufacturer's warranty, they can send it out if purchased at best buy. But they won't send out a hard drive usually, cuz if something happens... such as, the manufacturer decides its not covered, that store eats the cost.

and no... i don't currently work for a bb.

I hate these BB Deals, they are non existant here no matter what I read on the HD Forum. Probably better off waiting for a 500GB Cavalry drive from Buy.com to go on sale for $85 again then you get the enclosure for free :)

no go at BB in arlington tx off of I-20

they had two left with that black and blue box with appropriate model number , rang up 172 ouch , left it at the cash register!

I traveled to Detroit today and stopped in at the BB in Southfield, MI. They had three of these drives in stock (now just two!) so I bought another one. They even took the 10% off coupon for me.

Thanks op, in for one of four tonight at the 95th st Overland Park, KS store.

Go get em guys.

I just went back into the same store and they had 7 more on the shelf, still at the same price. To bad I'm hurting for money right now.

The BB in SF next to costco, no go. The chick was like $172.99 for it. 20 was left though.

wow, 75% markup over online prices. best buy at its finest

$87 is a decent deal though...not doing my next build till around may or so though so ima have to sit tight i guess

Normally $172.99? OMG! I thought CompUSA was bad for marking them up to $149.99 before they started the 'discounts'.

BB will be CompUSA part 2..

There was 5 or 6 of these at the St. Cloud location in MN. I didn't buy any, but, they got some.

Be aware this is being replaced next month by the 20% faster WD6400AAKS (640GB) with two 320GB platters.

Be aware this is being replaced next month by the 20% faster WD6400AAKS (640GB) with two 320GB platters.

I waiting for these to be released myself. Apparently the one platter 320GB drive is already out in retail.

I see the 2 platter 640GB WD6400AAKS drives are now being listed for sale on-line as well. Nice.

BB near me (in NH) had 5 or 6 of these left. No price or model # listed on the shelf and they were off to the side away from the other internal drives. Took an extra minute to find them. I took one up for a price check, $132 :(

Over a year ago I got a maxtor 200gb external from bestbuy. Its still working pretty well, I think I got it for $200. Its crazy how prices drop :eek:

My local Bestbuy has a TON of these things at the clearance price. I picked up one the other day. Had to have been at least 30 sitting there.

ummm... yah.. so anyone have a sku? or SN? i'd take a gander at the local place too, as we have 3 bestbuys nearbuy...

Back