WD and Baidu Partner on Cloud Service Integration

HardOCP News

[H] News
WD® and Baidu, China’s largest search engine, have agreed to integrate Baidu Yun public cloud storage services with WD’s personal cloud and external storage platforms to provide Chinese consumers a compelling, hybrid digital storage solution. WD’s My Cloud personal cloud drives, available now in China in capacities of 2 TB, 3 TB and 4 TB, enable consumers to organize, centralize and secure the digital content from all of their computers and mobile devices and access those files from any device and from anywhere in the world. WD’s My Cloud™ EX4 high-performance four-bay network attached storage (NAS) solution, available now in China in 0 TB, 8 TB, 12 TB or 16 TB1 capacities, provides creative professionals, prosumers and workgroups a reliable way to save, share, back up, stream and manage massive amounts of digital data. The Baidu Yun service is a leading public cloud storage service provider with more than 100 million users. Consumers and businesses store content on Baidu Yun for easy access and sharing from any computer or mobile device.

China and the word Trust are even less synonymous with US Government and Trust.

I would never put any private data on the cloud/internet with the NSA and other government agencies having access. Encryption is tainted by the NSA :mad:

Back