WD 8TB Easystores are 150$ again

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by Spartacus09, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illaghee

illaghee Limp Gawd

get emm on ebay from besbuy and use thr coupon for 15% off...

PRONTO15

viper_0307 and nilepez like this.
  2. nilepez

nilepez [H]ardForum Junkie

127.50 is the cheapest price i've seen. Sadly I don't need another drive.
    Oops 134.99. Didn't realize it was only off the first 100 bucks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  3. MB_

MB_ n00b

The drives are $127.50 if you use the ebay coupon. It is a max discount of $100, meaning you can spend up to $666.66 and get the full 15% off.

nilepez likes this.
  4. diableri

diableri Gawd

Got my NAS box today and am in the middle of setting up the drives etc. Everything seems to be working great. Got the QNAP T-451+ with four of the EMAZ drives. Moving from multiple external drives on my various systems etc and will see how PLEX runs later tonight at some point. Not sure if this kind of comment is frowned on or not in these threads but thought I'd let people checking the deal out in case they were hesitant.

5. viper_0307

viper_0307 Limp Gawd

If it is still on eBay later, I may cancel my order with BB online. Thanks for sharing.

6. TechLarry

TechLarry Can't find the G Spot

Isn't Helium becomming a rare resource, and doesn't Russia or some country control like 99% of it's production?

Nope. Me was wrong. Apparently the US is responsible for 75% of the worlds Helium production.

And of course, Texas is the hot spot :)

There was a shortage some years ago but I don't know if there still is.

And I find it interesting that the Federal Government sets the price of Helium.

7. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 [H]ard|Gawd

Me too I got my TS-1635AX in on Monday, the EMAZ came up with no issue at all, its a little slow currently since I'm only using 6/12 drives in raid 6 (400/350 MB/s ~ r/w) but I expect that to increase when I fill out the rest of the drive bays.
    Rare only to earth since it floats out into space once released, its one of the most abundant gasses in the universe technically though.
    There was a shortage, the govt regulates the price because they're the one selling it (the bureau of land management anyway), theres a huge stockpile from the 60s/70s that they started selling off to discourage exploratory means of obtaining it.
    Its primarily obtained through specific natural gas well extraction (though its only like 0.1-0.3% of the gas pulled from them)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    joobjoob likes this.
  8. calikool

calikool [H]ard|Gawd

I bought one several months ago. It is still in the box. I haven't gotten to my project that would require it.

9. rayjayturbo

rayjayturbo n00b

10. RanceJustice

RanceJustice [H]ardness Supreme

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of these used. The seller was helpful enough to show CrystalDiskInfo - https://imgur.com/a/v8d1CmS , and https://imgur.com/a/fJhz3Ju . If I am correct, with these model numbers these are the Ultrastar He 10's? Pics of the boxes say Made in Thailand so that should confirm they're 256mb cache as well. The seller seems reputable and was honest that the drives had been used for mining Burstcoin, but are still in good condition as per the CrystalDiskInfo and mentioned that Burst mining isn't particularly hard on the drive either. . Is all of the above accurate and if so is there any reason I should NOT purchase these?

11. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 [H]ard|Gawd

I can’t speak to this, I don’t know what kind of stress burstmining puts on a hard drive, I would imagine not ideal though unless the price is right considering they’re $150 new. That being said there’s not 100% certainty it is ultrastar he 10, They are quality NAS spec’ed drives though.

12. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 [H]ard|Gawd

Not that many people walk into electronics stores looking for a 8TB hdd, 2-3 is what I would expect most to keep on the shelf.

13. rayjayturbo

rayjayturbo n00b

Almost all of the store around me showed 1-7 in stock, Covington, LA showed 46. When I bought two there was about 20 in a storage bin near the register. The salesman said the rest were in the back. I decided to get two more about a week later and all were gone at all stores in a 50 mile radius. They seem to have gotten very popular.

14. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 [H]ard|Gawd

Theres your outlier, LA is the largest city outside of New York ~ density = demand & volume (usually).

15. RanceJustice

RanceJustice [H]ardness Supreme

Thanks. Is there any way to check if they are Ultrastar 10 He's? And the price would be around $230 for 2 drives so $115 each. On the surface I'd say that's probably somewhat reasonable, but should I ask for lower on account of the burstmining and/or the $150 standard price? I don't want to insult or short the guy after all, but honestly I'm unsure of what the depreciation factor is for HDDs and how I should account for everything given the current status of the drives.

16. nilepez

nilepez [H]ardForum Junkie

Covington is in Louisiana, not California. It's a town that's roughly 10k people.

17. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 [H]ard|Gawd

:shrug: not sure then mine never has that many

18. lightsout

lightsout [H]ard|Gawd

Seems like this deal has been dead for a while? Was wanting to grab another.

19. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah, I'm optimistic they'll do a black Friday deal again for $140 thats the lowest they've been sold at new in store.

I'll close this thread up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.