WD 750GB Scorpio $93 shipped @ Newegg

I picked one up for the Patriot USB 3.0 enclosure I got a few days ago. It's 9.5mm, so it should work. Gonna be a nice backup/portable drive.

I've got the 320GB version of this. Fastest 2.5" mechanical drive on the market. Definitely pick one up if you're thinking about it.

picked this up for my launch PS3, replaced my slow caviar blue 640GB bevt. and it is significantly faster. no problems with fitment whatso ever.
I mostly play gt5 and the menus are quicker to load just like everything HD based in the game.
buy it!
i spent 120 shipped to cali, last week. i wonder if i can get a price matched refund? lol

Last edited:
I've got the 320GB version of this. Fastest 2.5" mechanical drive on the market. Definitely pick one up if you're thinking about it.

I presume you mean true/pure mechanical drive and not like the Momentus XT, which while being a "hybrid" drive is also technically a mechanical drive?

tempting to pick a scorpio black up!

I believe XTs are only good for consistent usage of the same app due to the way the HDD learns and cache it in the flash memory.

ie. turn on comp, ie, word, chat, music, etc.

Back