WD 640GB Blue WD6400AAKS $60 F/S @Newegg

Not exactly. First of all, you have 1 drive instead of 2 which means fewer platters, cooler operation, less noise among other things. Secondly, the WD Green drives are mostly used as storage and media drives which are not written to/read from on a daily basis. There are plenty of reasons to get the 1TB over 2 x 640GB, the primary of which are QUIETER operation, COOLER temperatures, and LESS power consumption.

All valid points but.... you're pickier than I am :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218

Cheapest price I've seen on a very fast drive.

(First post in Hot Deals!)

I have 8 of these drives "peppered" throughout my life (RAID-0 arrays, external enclosures, JBOD for back-up and in my parent's computer in RAID-1); here are some harder-to-find benchmarks I ran :cool::

Striped in RAID-0 (computer in sig.):

eSATA Performance (External ICYDOCK enclosure connected to computer in sig.):

I just built a budget machine for a friend using one of these. I was surprised just how quiet it is and quick it felt. $60 bucks is a bargain.

I have 8 of these drives "peppered" throughout my life (RAID-0 arrays, external enclosures, JBOD for back-up and in my parent's computer in RAID-1); here are some harder-to-find benchmarks I ran :

I'd love to see 8 or 16 of these things on an Areca card.

Couldn't come at a better time. Looking to transfer over to Vista Ultimate this weekend and what better then a fresh, fast, large, new drive for my OS.

I bit.....

In for one for a future build. Already have one as my boot drive, faster than my old raptor.

I bought two of these recently (not from this deal). One died instantly in a spark of death. its replacement is great. The other that I bought is really loud with a high pitch whine. It sounds like my 5400rpm IBM drive from 1998.

I bit, :) I am happy to put in a large OS drive. Now if I can get a deal on 4 terabyte hard drives for server purposes. I'll be in heaven

I'll order more for people, $50 service fee.

No just kidding, maybe like $5.

For tax purposes I like to have all my orders in one place. These would have been going into my file server for work :)

Damnit! Once again this forum is costing me money :D

I've got 4 of these for my Windows Home Server, they're great drives.

edit: Just ordered 2.

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
(limit 1 per customer)

I had to order one of these for RAID, to go along with my GTX285 coming tommorow. It will be a nice weekend!

Glad I got in when I could.

Now to start shopping for a new case to fit all this shit in....

I bit on the AALS on Sunday and it came in this morning (gotta love living a few hours away from the warehouse), I hope this thing is fast! Had nothing but slow notebook HDDs my whole life.

It just came back in stock and then the price went back up to 74 right when I was going to buy it. FFFFFFUUUU

It just came back in stock and then the price went back up to 74 right when I was going to buy it. FFFFFFUUUU
some how I managed to buy the one in my cart for $60 just now, looks like it went
$60 > OOS > $75

Man, I love living close to a newegg warehouse. I ordered one yesterday and after about 22 hours it was delivered. Next day delivery for free, pretty freaking awesome. Maybe I should have ordered two, now I'm just short of the 2tb mark.

Same here, live in NY they ship from NJ lol it's so awesome. No need for 2-day shipping.

Damnit. I really wanted a second, and at that price it could've been my "birthday present to myself".

jesus, 60 bucks for the most recommended HD on hardforums, is there anyone who STILL does not have this HD?

i procrastinated the other day for the $59 price but i think its still a deal at $69

Back