WD 4TB Red Amazon Prime Now, $109

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
This is the cheapest I have seen this drive for sale, it's even cheaper than the 3TB Red.
Since it is Amazon Prime Now, stock and price varies by your location.
https://primenow.amazon.com/dp/B00E...9Q2SNHTV6Z&ref_=pn_sr_sg_1_img_A1O29Q2SNHTV6Z

wd-red-prime.jpg

Damn nothing in my area. I need to snag 4 of these next time I see them at this price range.

Seems overpriced now after the Best Buy 8TB deal.

Sure... But we're also talking a drive that has a warranty. The 8TB when gutted technically breaks the warranty. So sort of different. And if you already have 4TB Red drives ( I have 14x) this is great to be able to maybe stock up on a few replacements.

Thanks op!

Sure... But we're also talking a drive that has a warranty. The 8TB when gutted technically breaks the warranty. So sort of different. And if you already have 4TB Red drives ( I have 14x) this is great to be able to maybe stock up on a few replacements.

Thanks op!

That's one of the reasons I haven't gone through the effort of deshelling an external, I prefer to keep the warranty intact. I know it's possible to open it without voiding but the few times I tried I ended up just snapping the clips and messing up the housing anyway.

I leave the drives as externals as long as there is a warranty. After that it does not matter..

That's one of the reasons I haven't gone through the effort of deshelling an external, I prefer to keep the warranty intact. I know it's possible to open it without voiding but the few times I tried I ended up just snapping the clips and messing up the housing anyway.

I mean, for me... I trust WD and if I had the money, I'd upgrade to those 8TB drives in a heartbeat and gut them to replace my 4TB drives. But... There's always that thought in the back of my head that if it fails... I just have to throw that drive out... (Because I might have botched one little clip taking it apart or WD is able to tell I opened it.)

I mean, for me... I trust WD and if I had the money, I'd upgrade to those 8TB drives in a heartbeat and gut them to replace my 4TB drives. But... There's always that thought in the back of my head that if it fails... I just have to throw that drive out... (Because I might have botched one little clip taking it apart or WD is able to tell I opened it.)

I have had 2 bad WD drives in my lifetime and funny enough they were purchased within in the last 3 years. I still hold on my trust in WD since the Seagate firmware debacle but you never know. Peace of mind and all that.

my last drive to fail was a WD red pro 6TB due to recurring ATA errors. Drive was 1 year into the 5 year warranty. I RMA'd it, got a refurb, same model. Within a month it was having the same ATA errors. RMA'd again. This time got a new drive as the replacement, and a newer model number. So far so good.

Thanks op!
Exactly! Because these are bare drives, there's no need to jump through any hoops for warranty if one does fail later down the road.

price went back up to $134 on Amazon Prime Now and $137 on the best buy link above.

Back