WD 250gb SSD $20 DEAD

I'm starting to hear that even those who got a shipping notice are not getting theirs.

Apparently Dell contacted the shipper and recalled the shipments.

Okay, TBH that is kind of a dick move...if you make it to shipping at least own up to that mistake.

lol, I put in an order for 2. I haven't gotten the cancellation yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

Anyone crying about it is pretty much an ass-hat. Pricing mistakes happen and the fact that the mistake was visible doesn't magically entitle anyone to receive that price.

*got my cancellation notice @ 3:37AM this morning (Friday the 8th). Oh well!

Last edited:
kGxdYtP.gif

Yep two of my friends got theirs cancelled as well and they both bought one each.

Mines supposed to be here monday, we'll see if they stop shipment before then. Hope not.

Both of mine are cancelled but... my 2.5" drives still show confirmed while other cancelled, I wonder if someone forgot to 100% cancel it. :D

P.s. If you haven't received a cancellation CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER ( one of mine were there ) so... good luck still if you're lucky.

Mine was supposed to be delivered today but it now shows address change requested on the package. I guess its going back to them.

I was able to order the drives on Amazon. I ordered 5. Used Price Protection with my Chase freedom card, and sent them a screenshot of the ad.

They have approved the price protection, and I should be getting the difference by a check in the mail. WHOO!!!!

They messed up on shipping out the drives, and are messing up even bigger on the refunds. Still waiting to get my money back. They never sent a cancellation email or any information.

They messed up on shipping out the drives, and are messing up even bigger on the refunds. Still waiting to get my money back. They never sent a cancellation email or any information.

I had to contact them for a refund.

I was able to order the drives on Amazon. I ordered 5. Used Price Protection with my Chase freedom card, and sent them a screenshot of the ad.

They have approved the price protection, and I should be getting the difference by a check in the mail. WHOO!!!!
They didn't need a URL? You just sent a screen shot?

I ordered a bunch of these through Newegg that night, as well... my Citi price rewind requests starting to trickle in. Will post another update once they're all through. :)

Good to know. I used Citi Price Rewind for my OLED TV but the deal was still valid when I submitted it including a URL and screen shots. I was wondering if they would honor a deal that expired or changed by just submitting screen shots. I guess I'll give it a try.

Anyone who's willing to rip off other companies or even the company that made a pricing mistake regardless of the method (Citi Price Rewind, etc.) are pieces of shit that need their asses kicked on a daily basis.

Anyone who's willing to rip off other companies or even the company that made a pricing mistake regardless of the method (Citi Price Rewind, etc.) are pieces of shit that need their asses kicked on a daily basis.

I'm OK with it. Because I'm sure they would do the same to us in an instant if they could.

You enjoy your moral high ground, I'll enjoy my $20 SSDs. The match was within the parameters of the card's price match program to the letter.

All but 3 of my price matches have been approved at this point. :)

You enjoy your moral high ground, I'll enjoy my $20 SSDs. The match was within the parameters of the card's price match program to the letter.

All but 3 of my price matches have been approved at this point. :)

Nice! That is awesome! I'm going to use this Price Protection thing more often. Like the Nintendo Switch. I'm sure it will have a sale within the first few months

Yes. I understand what you are saying about morals. And agree for the most part. Yet it is interesting how we were so fast to jump on Dell's mistake, but not extend that to a brick & mortar store that did not screw up.
Basically, if I fuck up and someone calls me on it? Well, that's life, and you live with it.
If someone else fucks up, why the fuck should I be on the hook for that?

Back