WD 250 gig sata 3.0 Gbps $99.99 @ best buy

daroy99

Weaksauce
Newegg has it for $100 + shipping. My local ad said $119.99, but at the register it rang up as $99.99, no rebates. Works good, 16mb Cache, sata 3.0 Gbps, 250 gigs....

Good deal for BB but average price pretty much for everywhere else. Maybe just $5 more at zip zoom or newegg.

yeah, i guess its only hot for a brick and mortar store, I know newegg/others have it for the same price, but like you said, for best buy its a good deal

Kind of OT, but talking about B&M prices, I noticed this weekend that WorstBuy actually had some regular (i.e. not sale) prices on some things that were very close to Newegg and ZZF. For example, I've been planning a system upgrade and was considering using a 74GB Raptor as a boot drive, dual booting XP and Linux, while keeping my RAID0 array separate for apps & data. I had just priced the Raptor on Newegg and ZZF at around $155 on Friday. Was in BB on Saturday and they had it for $159.99, regular price too it seemed. I had a $75 gift card left over from Xmas that I had not found anything to spend it on the last 3 times I went, so I parted with it and scored the Raptor for <$100 after tax. :)

I just checked BB weekly ad and they both a 250 GB IDE and SATA drive on sale at:

IDE $99

SATA $119

Either you got a mislabeled box or mis-priced in their system...

best buy carries rapters? My bestbuy must suck:p We dont have much like "hardcore" like that...

like i said it was labeled 119 in the sunday ad, but rang up 99 at the register

Worminater said:
best buy carries rapters? My bestbuy must suck:p We dont have much like "hardcore" like that...
BestBuy does suck, but that's beside the point... ;)

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to find the Raptor there too. It's funny because as I was wandering through trying to find something I could actually use to spend the gift card on (for the 4th time), I thought it'd be cool if they had the Raptor I was looking at getting. But I didn't think they carried them, and if they did I figured it'd be outrageous and not worth wasting a gift-card on. To my surprise they had one on the shelf, and at only $5 more than online. Score. :)

Back