WCG - 16th Birthday Challenge

Setifan

n00b
Dear members of [H]ard|OCP,

For Nov 16th to Nov 22nd 2020 SETI.Germany is arranging a challenge at World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 16th birthday:

16thbirthday_logo_720.png

We would like to invite [H]ard|OCP to participate in the challenge and hope that your team and many members of your team will be joining and participting this event.
!!Be aware, only your WCG-Team-Captain can join your team to the challenge!!
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=10277

More information and statistics regarding the challenge can be found here.http://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/1_en_Welcome.html

Your participation is very much appreciated.

Best regards
Terminator
SETI.Germany

Bunkering is allowed here right? I don't have many cores so I might as well do some work in advance if I can! : )

FYI for those that don't do time conversion well. The dates are posted in UTC time. WCG birthday challenge kicks off tomorrow Nov 15 at 4PM PST / 7PM EST.

The first bunkers have dropped and hit their marks. Looks like Planet3D is doing quite well as expected. TAAT dropped a large Nuke right at the start but wasn't enough to keep P3D from passing. We are at 4th for now which is pretty good but we will have to scrounge up every system/phone/pi that we can to maintain or climb back up. There is a long road ahead.

Looks like Team USA had a 10M point hour at UTC 16:00 which vaulted them to 4th place.

They have been very much outproducing us on the regular updates as well I think. This is gonna be a lot more of an uphill battle than Pure was for sure.

Looks like with a few of our heavy hitters switching to the PrimeGrid challenge, we lost a spot and are down to 6th. CNT is probably building a big bunker right now as well so possible to lose another position. If anyone has anything else to toss in, you might want to get it going.

I scraped up another quad. Nothing impressive. One day to go.

Sorry, folks. I've not been to work in ages and never had a chance to fire up more boxes more than the 6-8 boxes that've been running WCG for months now. :( Not sure if it would've made much of a difference since I wouldn't have time to play the bunker game. (which, IMHO, needs to be abolished)

Its all in good fun. We still have a good showing. Looks like with 8 hours to go we dropped to 7th place. This happens when there are multiple challenges going at the same time. We knew in advance that we would be down on production for this one. We still have the X-mas challenge next month but with how few show up for that one, it shouldn't be too much of a thrill.

I'm hoping to have a new build done before the x-mas race starts. I've started my first ITX build in a Node202 case. It will be an additional i7-10700 for the cause as long as I can get a little case airflow going around the CPU. :)

Back