WCG 13th Annual 2017 Birthday Challenge

Looks like SETI.Germany did some major bunkering... Wow!

871AFBA6-6899-4666-9B52-96731A29B82B.jpeg

phoenicis fastgeek pututu
Nice points you put here on the table ...

fastgeek, while I am thinking about it sign into your WCG account and remove MCM for the week. This way you wont be waiting on others to validate your WU. HSTB is the same, but those works are in such shortage it probably wouldn't matter.

Skillz, you sure about that? If you think it's a valid strategy, and that the other projects will have enough WUs, then I'll do it in a couple hours.

Yes I am sure. The other results validate almost immediately and no waiting on them to process, for the most part. Therefore, you wont be waiting on others to hopefully complete your WU. Plus the other projects give much better points anyway. Work shouldn't run out on them, but feel free to keep an eye on work in progress to make sure you have plenty of pages worth still.

We also just took 5th place.

4.jpg

Ok, turned off MCM, but all else still on. Been sitting on the gate tarmac @ Detroit since pilots weren't on board... but finally just arrived. :p

Wish I had more time before leaving as I left a bit on the table so to speak. At least two 2P 2680v4 systems, if not three, and two 4P E5-4640 systems as well. Probably not enough to make a huge difference; but still.

I am mostly MIPS right now as I'm working on that badge. The phARM is working mostly on OET.

Unless we can muster up some serious rigs quick, 4th is the best we can probably finish. The bunkering that the other teams pulled off are just too much. However, even 4th will be a fight for the next few days as there are still some pretty strong teams coming up from behind that may catch us. Keep up the momentum guys and do what recruiting you can. If any of our non-BOINC members have any rigs sitting cold, this event only goes until the 22nd. We could really use that support for this one.

Capture.JPG

Yeah, 4th place is pretty crowded. I think some teams are still bunkering. If you all recall bunkering will yield more points if you are willing to take advantage of it. I know it is a lot of hard work:D

I wish I had the time to do it. My office is filled yet again with stuff that needs to find a place. My shelves still have not been put in place so all of that junk is filling every space possible until they are. And I may not be able to move all of my shelves into the office..so definitely gonna have to toss some random "junk".

No problem. Just sharing "good practices" with the rest of [H]ordes.

Yesterday, with MIP & OET projects, I'm getting a combo of 40.0 pphr. OET gives better pphr, so I'll be switching to only OET projects from now on.

upload_2017-11-17_8-12-22.png

BTW, yesterday was a milestone for our team. We produced about 20.1M WCG points or 2.9M BOINC points in a single day. That's the highest ever that we have ever produced, at least based on what I can find in the WCG website. Congrats to everyone!

Also, our team (boinc) pphr is as follows (fyi).

Nov 16______27.8 pphr
Nov 15______26.0 pphr
Nov 14______25.3 pphr

upload_2017-11-17_9-12-58.png

Its been a while, and I'm off to a late start, but I'm in for 12 cores or so.

It's great to see several of the DC Commandos still crunching away. A WCG challenge just wouldn't be the same without you metallicafan

Ok, turned off MCM, but all else still on. Been sitting on the gate tarmac @ Detroit since pilots weren't on board... but finally just arrived. :p

Hope you have a fantastic vacation fastgeek

Noticed that a few of my boxes weren't reporting WUs. The quad E7 was among them. All have been fixed. It would appear that BOINC itself had crashed on a few of them; others were sitting at the login prompt. Also brought another 2P 2680v4 online.... you know... for the heck of it.

Regards,
That Company ;)

I'm in TX now. Just spent an hour on the phone getting my crappy satellite internet with a small data cap turned back on. Free zone that doesn't count against the cap is from 3am till 6am so the computers won't be getting wus until 3am tonight. Then I'm good to go.

Ok, I'll accept everything but MCM and see how it goes. I brought my Ryzen 7 system from CO to add to the farm down here. I have a Threadripper and 8700K system to put together but probably won't be in time to help with the challenge. I'll give it a try though.

Here let this motivate you.

top10.jpg

We are in 4th and 3rd place could be within' reach.

I kept this thread open in the lounge at the airports; but I doubt we get any recruits by that ... but cost nothing too

I am sure there is a way. It's an x86 CPU in those things.

Has anyone installed Linux on one yet? That would be a good place to start.

Back