[WCCF] [IgorsLab] Alleged performance benchmarks for the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT "Big Navi" graphics card have been leaked out.

So AMD Big Navi has finally been revealed. And it's pretty much a trio of high-end graphics cards.

There's a brace of graphics cards to do battle with the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 and the Radeon RX 6900 XT to do battle with the GeForce RTX 3090. Here are the highlights:

Radeon RX 6900 XT: This $999 graphics card will be a 4K gaming monster designed to undercut yet almost outperforms the RTX 3090. Just bear in mind that the RTX 3090 is mostly a pro and high-ned enthusiast card, whereas the RTX 3080 is Nvidia's main 4K GPU. The Radeon powerhouse goes on sale December 8.

Radeon RX 6800 XT: Think of this as the main Big Navi GPU. It has been designed as a powerful 4K at 60 frames per second graphics card, for a price of $649; that undercuts the GeForce RTX 3080. It also beats the RTX 3080 in a suite of games at 1440p.

Radeon RX 6800: This is an odd card: it's less powerful than the XT version and will chase 4K performance by delivering more performance than the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, according to AMD. But it costs $579, which is more expensive than the RTX 3070.

If RX 6800 XT is competitive with RTX 3080, wouldn't 11 percent more CUs and shader cores basically put it up against RTX 3090? The answer: Yup.

Big Navi

(Image credit: AMD)
There are more caveats this time.
  1. Where the RX 6800 XT was apparently run in standard mode, and
  2. AMD ran the RX 6800 with AMD Smart Access Memory enabled,
  3. the RX 6900 XT testing was done with Rage Mode (overclocking) and Smart Access Memory both turned on.

That's potentially 6-13 percent more performance, and even then, it doesn't look like AMD will win in quite a few games. But it's definitely close.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-rx-6000-rdna-2-big-navi-gpus-revealed

Attachments

• nKvvxJAxokTnVJZLZG9z9F-970-80.jpg.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
If RX 6800 XT is competitive with RTX 3080, wouldn't 11 percent more CUs and shader cores basically put it up against RTX 3090? The answer: Yup.

Big Navi

(Image credit: AMD)
There are more caveats this time.
  1. Where the RX 6800 XT was apparently run in standard mode, and
  2. AMD ran the RX 6800 with AMD Smart Access Memory enabled,
  3. the RX 6900 XT testing was done with Rage Mode (overclocking) and Smart Access Memory both turned on.

That's potentially 6-13 percent more performance, and even then, it doesn't look like AMD will win in quite a few games. But it's definitely close.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-rx-6000-rdna-2-big-navi-gpus-revealed

hypothetical:

in 10 games, AMD wins 4, ties 1, and loses in 5

for $500 less.

Does it "win"? No. Will it sell more cards? Yes.

looks like i'll be getting an 6900 xt this holiday season (for the wife's computer) ...and eventually one for mine since i dont play games as much as she does.

Prove u have nothing? LoL
You've proven that yourself.

What a dumb ass reply.

Show me where the 590/580/570 is dominating the mainstream and midrange section of the market.

You are telling me I have nothing is nonsense. The Steam survey and % market share for the various years are well documented and easy to look up.

Here are the top 15 video cards in the Steam survey since 2004. I linked to it from 2016.

So where are all the 590/580/570s??

No, it's running on your machine. That is the whole point.

How else could it work when everything is dynamic?

No it isn't. Games that have dlss work with the Nvidia drivers. There is no hardware dlss running other than api calls to the driver by the games. Your Nvidia card doesn't do ai work unless you have a business card.

Getting into a primer of how machine learning works is probably too much and off-topic for this thread. But you can do some research if you're interested in learning something.

Least trouble Ihave ever had with a GPU period is simple Intel CPU graphics. No frills, no horsepower at all, no high fps, but intels embedded gpu is the most stable thing I have literally ever used.
I’m old and I’m tired and some times it’s not about the best or the fastest. It’s about the least number of hassles when I turn it on.
I'm curious.

What troubles have you had with other GPU's?

Literally every single non-SLI/Crossfire GPU I've ever used has "just worked".

Once you start adding multiple GPU's then that becomes a different story all together, but as far as single GPU's go, across 3DFX, S3, Matrox, Nvidia, ATi and AMD over some 30 years, everything has always "just worked".

I'm curious.

What troubles have you had with other GPU's?

Literally every single non-SLI/Crossfire GPU I've ever used has "just worked".

Once you start adding multiple GPU's then that becomes a different story all together, but as far as single GPU's go, across 3DFX, S3, Matrox, Nvidia, ATi and AMD over some 30 years, everything has always "just worked".
I have a number of Radeon Pro WX cards, a few Quadro's, Trio of Tesla's, and a smattering of NVidia cards ranging from 1060's to RTX Titans, and at the end of the day the least problems are from the laptops running the straight-up Intel HD's. Once you get the professional software involved you start creating in all sorts of issues, software X needs update Y but that breaks software Z who needs update A, and the rabbit hole just goes on and on until you realize it is all solved with either adding or removing some obscure windows update then half the problems go away but now for some reason the machine doesn't enter sleep mode correctly anymore. Really it isn't the GPU's themselves but more times the environment they find themselves in, the best part of the Nvidia updates for me comes when a user does a driver update but that user doesn't have admin access and the driver "succeeds" in updating.... Yeah no, it didn't then I spend my Monday morning stripping a partial driver install off a handful of systems. The AMD drivers aren't any better, and god forbid any of the users install the ones that get bundled in the Windows Update.... that never ends well.

But I can count on one hand the number of times an Intel onboard driver caused me a headache in a good 15 years, meanwhile, I lost count of the AMD/NVidia ones that have cropped up in October alone.

Back