[WCCF] [IgorsLab] Alleged performance benchmarks for the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT "Big Navi" graphics card have been leaked out.

How about that 2.5GHz boost?

clock speeds for the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT custom "Big Navi" graphics cards have leaked out by Patrick Schur. In his latest tweet, Patrick talks about the AMD Radeon graphics card, the ROG STRIX Radeon RX 6800 XT from ASUS

ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX 6800 XT Custom Graphics Card Reported Clocks:

• Average - 2291 / 2289 / 2092 MHz
  • Median - 2373 / 2301 / 2320 MHz
  • Max (Boost) - 2556 / 2394 / 2489 MHz
There are also entries spotted by Patrick at 255W TGP which are also listed below:

• Average - 2298 / 1993 MHz
  • Median - 2357 / 2342 MHz
  • Max (Boost) - 2509 / 2557 MHz
The first thing mentioned by the leaker is that the drivers had some issues which are why the clock speeds for the custom AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card are not as consistent as they should be. The large variances in average clock speeds should be resolved by the time the cards hit the market.

Also, the difference between the 255W & 290W TGPs may not look much but it is possible that the higher TGP cards will deliver more overclocking head-room and stable clock speeds.

https://wccftech.com/asus-rog-strix...-big-navi-gpu-boosts-beyond-2-5-ghz-290w-tgp/

Mindshare in this case is a silly fallacy.

Trust me I understand what your saying but... Nvidia isn't at that level. They are just another part supplier, there is no major mind share win. If what your suggesting was true Nvidia would have outsold the 570/80/90 class hardware. It takes 2 seconds to pull up steams hardware survey to see that AMD in that market segment owns Nvidia. (and yes they have been on the market longer... but for a long time they where next to impossible for gamers to get their hands on till mining crashed) Yes no doubt everything up from there is Nvidia territory by a mile... cause they have had the superior higher end product for some time. In the 5700 market segment sales are actually pretty close, Nvidia does have more market share there but I imagine that could have something to do with Nvidias feature set even if the 5700s hang in pure raster. According to steam the 2060s market share is only slightly ahead.

If Nvidias name alone sold cards AMD wouldn't be outselling the 1660s. Clearly having a slightly faster card in that price range matters to the majority of purchasers.

What? If AMD were outselling Nvidia at the lower end of the Market, Nvidia wouldn't be completely dominating Market Share.

Pull up that Steam Hardware survey that shows AMD having sold more cards in that segment. Because in the Steam Survey I am looking at, The AMD 570 and 580 are well behind the 1060, 1660, 1660Ti, 1650.

The 1660 cards have sold more despite the RX580/570 been out for two years longer.

The 1060 has outsold the 480/470, 580/590/570 cards combined.

Last edited:
What? If AMD were outselling Nvidia at the lower end of the Market, Nvidia wouldn't be completely dominating Market Share.

Pull up that Steam Hardware survey that shows the AMD having sold more cards in that segment. Because in the Steam Survey I am looking at, The AMD 570 and 580 are well behind the 1060, 1660, 1660Ti, 1650.

The 1660 cards have sold more despite the RX580/570 been out for two years longer.

The 1060 has outsold the 480/470, 580/590/570 cards combined.
That's not how Survey percentage works. The Survey indicate the exact percentage of hardware usage at a specific point in time. It is not a "cumulative" statistic of "cards sold".

That's not how Survey percentage works. The Survey indicate the exact percentage of hardware usage at a specific point in time. It is not a "cumulative" statistic of "cards sold".

Ok then show me this

It takes 2 seconds to pull up steams hardware survey to see that AMD in that market segment owns Nvidia.

And was just as impossible to find as the RTX 3080 for it's first 6 months of existence.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/...urrency-mining-could-kill-amds-gaming-efforts

And from far before that:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/3587

You people act like this is some new fucking thing, but AMD has experienced this Gold Rush for the 5870 and then the 290x launch. It is just a new experience for Nvidia buyers.

Not sure what this has to do with my post, but I will say that crazy demand due to mining is not the same as an actual product shortage. The HD 5000 series is a much better example.

Ok then show me this
The point I made is that you either don't know how to read a hardware survey or just content on manipulating data for your own purposes. I don't have to show anything else. Prove your own point with valid data instead of misrepresenting a one month steam hardware survey as a cumulative sales figure.

The point I made is that you either don't know how to read a hardware survey or just content on manipulating data for your own purposes. I don't have to show anything else. Prove your own point with valid data instead of misrepresenting a one month steam hardware survey as a cumulative sales figure.

It's not a one month steam hardware survey. It's over 5 months. And it's showing that there is more people using the 1060, 1660, 1660Ti, 1660 super cards than 590/580/570, 480,470, and all the Navi 1 cards combined.

Or you can go back to the Steam Survey for the same 5 month period in 2019. Nvidia's Mainstream and Midrange cards are the most "used"

Or the same 5 month period in 2018, same story. Nvidia's midrange and mainstream cards are again top of the "usage" list.

So, yeah Steam figures aren't outright sales figures but they do give an indication of what cards are popular. And generally popular cards are top selling too.

Finally, you then you can look at quarterly reports from Jon Peddie Research to see how the Market share adds up.

Which brings me to this

If what your suggesting was true Nvidia would have outsold the 570/80/90 class hardware. It takes 2 seconds to pull up steams hardware survey to see that AMD in that market segment owns Nvidia.

Why didn't you pull Chad up for using the Steam Survey as "Cumulative" statistic of "Cards Sold"

It's not a one month steam hardware survey. It's over 5 months. And it's showing that there is more people using the 1060, 1660, 1660Ti, 1660 super cards than 590/580/570, 480,470, and all the Navi 1 cards combined.

Or you can go back to the Steam Survey for the same 5 month period in 2019. Nvidia's Mainstream and Midrange cards are the most "used"

Or the same 5 month period in 2018, same story. Nvidia's midrange and mainstream cards are again top of the "usage" list.

So, yeah Steam figures aren't outright sales figures but they do give an indication of what cards are popular. And generally popular cards are top selling too.

Finally, you then you can look at quarterly reports from Jon Peddie Research to see how the Market share adds up.

Which brings me to this

Why didn't you pull Chad up for using the Steam Survey as "Cumulative" statistic of "Cards Sold"
A lot of talk without references. Usage vs actual sales. Show us the data.

Least trouble Ihave ever had with a GPU period is simple Intel CPU graphics. No frills, no horsepower at all, no high fps, but intels embedded gpu is the most stable thing I have literally ever used.
Oh how I wish this was true, but I also haven't touched an intel embedded gpu on one of my systems since the early 2000s...

I think one of my super cheap school laptops had one at some point and that thing was a constant headache...

The idea of mindshare is kinda ridiculous because time has proven again and again that a single generation of superior hardware (or software) is all it takes for people to switch.

Speaking of Switch, that's a good example.

Wii sold a fuckton.
Wii U sold shit.
Switch is selling a fuckton.

Intel was dominating for years, now AMD Ryzen, due to superior hardware, is now something that everyone considers for a gaming computer.

If the AMD cards are better, or even just available, they'll do well.

People care far far less about the hardware than the software they play on it. If AMD does even an adequate job at ray tracing for cheaper and more available than Nvidia. They'll have a good thing going.

The idea of mindshare is kinda ridiculous because time has proven again and again that a single generation of superior hardware (or software) is all it takes for people to switch.

Wii sold a fuckton.
Wii U sold shit.

Intel was dominating for years, now AMD Ryzen, due to superior hardware, is now something that everyone considers for a gaming computer.

People care far far less about the hardware than the software they play on it. If AMD does even an adequate job at ray tracing for cheaper and more available than Nvidia. They'll have a good thing going.
If AMD just has stock available, they’ll have a good thing going.

Tomorrow should be an incredible time, since I would imagine reviewers already have their cards in hand. :)

Tomorrow should be an incredible time, since I would imagine reviewers already have their cards in hand. :)

Probably not.

I am guessing AMD will present cards tomorrow but release only by Nov-15

so reviews should be out by Nov-15 too

If AMD just has stock available, they’ll have a good thing going.
Also depends on when they have stock, Tomorrow ( Oct 28'th ) is an announcement, not a launch, for all we know they will give us a wonderful presentation and tell us all about it and show us their benchmark numbers to tell us availability is Q1 of 2021.

Probably not.

CPU's for Nov 5'th with GPU's for the 15'th would be an impressive logistical feat IF they managed that I would be ecstatic but I am dreading the very real possibility that we don't see those GPU's till 2021

I thought AMD said they were coming before the end of the year.
They are. Guess too many ppl have been disappointed lately. AMD should have decent quantity, not like Samsung is screwing it up on them. TSMC is rock solid and orders have been way in advance. AMD is #2 at TSMC behind Apple as a customer.

Wii sold a fuckton.
Wii U sold shit.

The hardware in the Switch is nothing to write home about. It's the least powerful of all of the consoles. The Switch is the Apple device of the consoles.

Probably not.

Yeah there were a couple of reviewers who said they didn't have cards yet when they released videos yesterday for the 3070. Doubt they got cards in between that time frame.

During the launch of their Ryzen 5000 line, AMD put up a teaser about the upcoming Radeon 6000 line with a few numbers that were in the ballpark of the Nvidia 3080 GPUs. Speculation was rampant but

now we can say that the numbers released were for the lowest end 6800 that is being unveiled today.

That part was right up there with the second highest Nvidia device on the market,
If you haven’t guessed by now the two other cards are faster

with the 6900XT beating the top line Nvidia 3090 in 5 of 10 titles at 4K resolution, tying it in 1, and losing by a little in 4.

Not a bad comeback.

https://www.semiaccurate.com/2020/10/28/amd-radeon-6000-series-takes-the-gpu-crown/

Today is finally the day AMD Big Navi gets revealed alongside the Radeon RX 6000 series of next-gen graphics cards.

At 9 a.m. PT/12 p.m. ET/5 p.m. U.K. time

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/live/amd-big-navi-reveal-event-live-blog-all-the-news-as-it-happens

So AMD Big Navi has finally been revealed. And it's pretty much a trio of high-end graphics cards.

There's a brace of graphics cards to do battle with the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 and the Radeon RX 6900 XT to do battle with the GeForce RTX 3090. Here are the highlights:

Radeon RX 6900 XT: This $999 graphics card will be a 4K gaming monster designed to undercut yet almost outperforms the RTX 3090. Just bear in mind that the RTX 3090 is mostly a pro and high-ned enthusiast card, whereas the RTX 3080 is Nvidia's main 4K GPU. The Radeon powerhouse goes on sale December 8.

Radeon RX 6800 XT: Think of this as the main Big Navi GPU. It has been designed as a powerful 4K at 60 frames per second graphics card, for a price of $649; that undercuts the GeForce RTX 3080. It also beats the RTX 3080 in a suite of games at 1440p.

Radeon RX 6800: This is an odd card: it's less powerful than the XT version and will chase 4K performance by delivering more performance than the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, according to AMD. But it costs $579, which is more expensive than the RTX 3070.

Radeon RX 6800: This is an odd card: it's less powerful than the XT version and will chase 4K performance by delivering more performance than the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, according to AMD. But it costs $579, which is more expensive than the RTX 3070.
Is it odd? It looks to out perform the 3070 with more RAM at $80 more. That's about as much as people usually pay for the higher RAM version of cards, only AMD simply didn't bother with the lower memory version of the card.

Is it odd? It looks to out perform the 3070 with more RAM at $80 more. That's about as much as people usually pay for the higher RAM version of cards, only AMD simply didn't bother with the lower memory version of the card.

People are disappointed that the 6800 is priced so close to 6800 XT

But as you say, it has more memory.

Another reason possibly could be that AMD doesn't want to cannibalize the (2.5ghz 40 CU) 6700 XTX (speculated release in 2021) that is likely to go toe to toe with the 3070

People are disappointed that the 6800 is priced so close to 6800 XT

But as you say, it has more memory.

Another reason possibly could be that AMD doesn't want to cannibalize the (2.5ghz 40 CU) 6700 XTX (speculated release in 2021) that is likely to go toe to toe with the 3070
They may have also agreed to not go head to head with consoles as well which is why we aren't immediately seeing the 40CU cards yet.

So AMD Big Navi has finally been revealed. And it's pretty much a trio of high-end graphics cards.

There's a brace of graphics cards to do battle with the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 and the Radeon RX 6900 XT to do battle with the GeForce RTX 3090. Here are the highlights:

Radeon RX 6900 XT: This $999 graphics card will be a 4K gaming monster designed to undercut yet almost outperforms the RTX 3090. Just bear in mind that the RTX 3090 is mostly a pro and high-ned enthusiast card, whereas the RTX 3080 is Nvidia's main 4K GPU. The Radeon powerhouse goes on sale December 8.

Radeon RX 6800 XT: Think of this as the main Big Navi GPU. It has been designed as a powerful 4K at 60 frames per second graphics card, for a price of $649; that undercuts the GeForce RTX 3080. It also beats the RTX 3080 in a suite of games at 1440p.

Should maybe make a new thread about the reveal, since it's no longer speculation and leaks but is the real thing. Deserves its own space, IMO.

Back