WC3 Ending: what...exactly happened?

EvilKamui

n00b
I had a random thought because I never actually figured out what happened to Archimonde at the end of Warcraft 3 (not the expansion). A bunch of wisps started circling around them like they were harvesting him or something and he basically was defeated. They never explained exactly what happened.

Is that where they used the wisdom tree's powers to destory him? It's been so long I don't remember.

From gamefaqs (WC3 spoiler *duh*):

"After Arthas opened the portal for Archimonde and his legions, the
Burning Legion (as the demonic forces were known) began an assault on
the Elven lands in Kalimdor. After initial mistrust and fighting
between the Humans, Elves and Orcs, they finally realized that the
only way to victory was in arms as allies. In the final hour of doom,
as Lord Archimonde approaches the great World Tree (with the intent to
corrupt it forever and morph the world of Azeroth into a demonic
land), the three forces arrayed themselves against the Burning Legion.
They hoped to buy enough time for Furion Stormrage, a powerful Elven
leader, to place thousands of wisps around the tree. Though Archimonde
broke through the defences, Furion's plan succeeded. Archimonde was
slain in his moment of triumph, and the World Tree was destroyed, and
with it, the immortality of the Elves."

The wisps blew him up or something. The story from WC3 and the expansion are not too great anyway. The style of the story was much different than that of the other Warcraft RTS. WC2 had an awesome storyline and that briefing before each mission was cool too.

TheCommander said:
The wisps blew him up or something. The story from WC3 and the expansion are not too great anyway. The style of the story was much different than that of the other Warcraft RTS. WC2 had an awesome storyline and that briefing before each mission was cool too.
Blasphemy! WC3 and TFT are GREAT IMO. WC1 and 2 are good too. I'm currently hooked on WoW. I liked the ending of TFT.

I thought the ending for Frozen Throne was pretty interesting although the entire storyline for the game and expansion reminded me a lot of Starcraft

SC: Kerrigan gets infested by the Zerg and made one of their agents, makes a slow rise to power while the other races are desperately battling the head of the Zerg, the Overmind.
WC3: Arthas becomes corrupted by a cursed sword and becomes an agent of the undead, making a slow rise to power while the other races are battling the undead and the leader of the Burning Legion who is controlling the undead.
SC: The Overmind is slain and Kerrigan begins to take control of the Zerg as they are no longer under the control of the Overmind.
WC3: Archimonde is slain and Arthas begins to take control of the Undead in Azeroth as they are no longer under the control of the Burning Legion.
SC: Kerrigan uses her Zerg armies to wtfpwn all her enemies.
WC3: Arthas uses his Undead armies to wtfpwn his enemies.

Both games end on the same note, the new leaders of both antagonistic races (undead and zerg) win at the end uncontested.

But as for the ending where archimonde dies, how... exactly did all those wisps kill him is what im wondering? That would be like Thrall exploding in WoW because a bunch of level 1 gnomes went into orgrimmar and ran circles around him.

EvilKamui said:
I thought the ending for Frozen Throne was pretty interesting although the entire storyline for the game and expansion reminded me a lot of Starcraft

SC: Kerrigan gets infested by the Zerg and made one of their agents, makes a slow rise to power while the other races are desperately battling the head of the Zerg, the Overmind.
WC3: Arthas becomes corrupted by a cursed sword and becomes an agent of the undead, making a slow rise to power while the other races are battling the undead and the leader of the Burning Legion who is controlling the undead.
SC: The Overmind is slain and Kerrigan begins to take control of the Zerg as they are no longer under the control of the Overmind.
WC3: Archimonde is slain and Arthas begins to take control of the Undead in Azeroth as they are no longer under the control of the Burning Legion.
SC: Kerrigan uses her Zerg armies to wtfpwn all her enemies.
WC3: Arthas uses his Undead armies to wtfpwn his enemies.

Both games end on the same note, the new leaders of both antagonistic races (undead and zerg) win at the end uncontested.

But as for the ending where archimonde dies, how... exactly did all those wisps kill him is what im wondering? That would be like Thrall exploding in WoW because a bunch of level 1 gnomes went into orgrimmar and ran circles around him.

Thinking about that we need a Universe of Starcraft mmorpg now.

yea i didn't like the WC3 story at all because it was an exact reflection of the SC story, only they used WC3 names inplace of the star craft names

Since we're on topic of WC3's plot, how did Illidan survive the end of TFT?

-pig

well he never officially died, blizzard likes to show characters flopping around on snow then not moving at all with a crap ton of blood all over the place and a huge gash down their torsoe, only to have them come back later...

Dudes and dude-ettes, remember, wisps have that ability to makes themselves blow up and do damage to summoned units. Archimonde, being a demon, was "summoned" to Azeroth and hence vulnerable to the wisp's kamikaze assault.

Slartibartfast said:
Dudes and dude-ettes, remember, wisps have that ability to makes themselves blow up and do damage to summoned units. Archimonde, being a demon, was "summoned" to Azeroth and hence vulnerable to the wisp's kamikaze assault.
Aha! Thanks for that. Makes sense now.

Back