WC - Which Radiator for HAF-X top mount ? Please help!

ReTiCuLeX

Gawd
Hey all,

I am looking for a good radiator made by AlphaCool perferbly but I will settle for another good brand to mount in the HAF-X I will be cooling only my CPU and Geforce Titan.

Anyone know which would fit? I'd perfer to stick with 120mm fans as nothing else really mounts. I know the HAF-X has mounting holes for a triple rad.

Would this fit ok ? Also how do I go about using the Compression Fittings 7/16 x 5/8" and which tubbing (Doesn't matter the color to me)?

I have a pump already the Swiftech MCP35X that I bought pretty cheap.

This is the radiator I had my eyes on. If a 240mm Rad would do the trick for the video card and cpu. My ideal wishes would be, not sure if it's practical to get the temps lower than 42C idle 55c load (76c LinX) "This is the CPU" towards 35c below w/ ambient @ 27C pretty constant on my H100i I'd be content. Also would like to get below the 65C under load on the Titan so I can possibly overclock it one day down the line or at least get rid of the blower that sounds like a jet engine...getting down to mid 50's with my video card during the summer...which is coming soon...Below the link to the rad I had in mind.

I'll be using Corsair's SP120 Quiet Edition fans to cool it. I have 8 of them.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata..._info&cPath=59_457_667_1075&products_id=37001

I have a 5.25" XSPC Res, if I need to get a different one, I guess I would...

Here's the Waterblock i'll be getting.
http://www.xs-pc.com/products/waterblocks/cpu-waterblocks/raystorm-cpu-waterblock-intel/

Thanks for your help in advance. I haven't done water cooling since hmm.. back when it first came out, I was real young. With all the stuff now and how to get it in the case with reasonable temps just puzzles me.

Sincerely,
Reticulex

P.S. My case dimensions and such. Would be nice if I found a fellow HAF-X owner here. I am cooling the stuff in my signature.
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6653

If you can afford it, I would recommend a Alphacool UT60 360mm radiator.

What am I saying. If you were able to afford a Titan, you should at least get the UT60 360. Don't skimp out with a 240.

its not that its about mounting it. I want to be able to mount without any issues lol. I'd rather get the 360mm. do you know if that read will fit in my case by chance? ty btw for the help. sending from my phone excuse the grammar.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

It'll fit in terms of mounting. The thickness is the part of greater concern, as it might hang over the motherboard, and I cannot find any information on how much space there is between the roof of the case and the top of the motherboard.

60mm is the max clearance it says. Thanks again btw. My phone wouldn't let me reply with the app. I suppose I can mod it some how? Maybe put L brackets and run the rad over the case? lol.

The UT60 is 60mm. Another good radiator is the Black Ice SR-1, which comes in at around 55mm, and the Alphacool XT45 is 45mm.

Out of those three would the Alphacool XT45 alone do the job or should I add another rad in the back of the case to make up for the thickness of the triple 120mm top rad?

I wouldn't mind if that's what I'd have to do. I really like the UT60 white though, sigh.. if I didn't order all these decmi filters i'd just grab a new case to fit it for sure. I suppose I can do away with Push / Pull and just do pull as well to keep the 60mm clearance I need for a triple rad?

P.S. I really appreciate all the help!

The UT60, SR-1, and XT45 are all low FPI radiators, geared towards low speed fans. They perform excellent with just pull only, and are more than enough to cool a 3930k and a Titan. In fact, they'll probably be enough for two Titans without needing push/pull with those 1450 RPM fans, especially on the SR-1 or UT60, with the UT60 being the better of the two.

Also, depending on how the radiator is situated, there is the possibility that you can mount the fans such that they overlap the motherboard.

Mod can you move this to Watercooling please.

Thanks Tsumi. I will get the UT60 might grab a small rad too mise well to get everything over with for the future. I hate taking apart my case!

Back