WB discontinues support for Mortal Kombat X on PC

WB has been showing their true colors lately, especially with crap like this & Arkham Knight.

Sure, fuck up the netcode, then blame it on the PC, why the hell not?

Well it's their own fault honestly. I have pretty much stopped buying fighting games with DLC characters. I think it's a idiotic practice. Like the op, I am only willing to buy a final complete version. With this news there is pretty much 0 chance I'll buy MKX now.

I am thinking that the reason is cause most there sales come from consoles. Which i mean PC and torrents so they not filling their Quote so they give up.

I am thinking that the reason is cause most there sales come from consoles. Which i mean PC and torrents so they not filling their Quote so they give up.

I'd say nearly half a million copies is pretty good. Fighting games aren't huge on the PC. Hell USFIV only has 200k more (possibly significantly less as Steamspy states SF4's numbers are not reliable due to a free weekend).

To be honest, I'm surprised they even made this game for PC. I thought it was pretty cool but I never expected it.

That said, doing it and then pulling all support after people paid $50 or whatever is a really shitty move. If you're going to commit to PC then at least see it through.

Yeah, I'm quite upset about this news, since the PC was becoming the place for AAA fighting games (for example, it's the only platform that will let you play SF5, KI, and MK:X). I'm in the planning stages of putting together a 4k arcade machine for fighting games, so I'm feeling especially burnt.

Between Batman:AK and this, I'm pretty much done with anything WB puts out. I really hope at EVO and upcoming shows that players physically turn their backs to them, as they've done to us.

Weird how quickly WB went from putting out well-polished AAA PC titles to crawling around in the gutter with UbiSoft and the like.

Weird how quickly WB went from putting out well-polished AAA PC titles to crawling around in the gutter with UbiSoft and the like.

That's what happens when you farm out ports to the lowest bidder and give them no time, money, or support to actually do the work. The only reason that games like Shadows of Mordor and Mad Max ended up with good ports is because they were developed in-house by the developers.

You had a good run EA, but you're about to lose your spot as the most hated game publisher in the pc community.

That's what happens when you farm out ports to the lowest bidder and give them no time, money, or support to actually do the work. The only reason that games like Shadows of Mordor and Mad Max ended up with good ports is because they were developed in-house by the developers.

why port certain games to well respected 3rd party companies and leave others in the hands of inexperienced companies?...makes no sense...seems like they choose certain games that want to succeed and others that they give away to the lowest bidder hoping that it turns out OK...3rd party developers with bad track records such as High Voltage and Iron Galaxy were given high profile ports such as Mortal Kombat X and Arkham Knight while they gave Shadows of Mordor and Mad Max to Monolith and Avalanche which have much better track records...WB is a very strange publisher and I'm definitely not going to buy any of their future games until post-launch (even future Arkham games and I love that series)

why port certain games to well respected 3rd party companies and leave others in the hands of inexperienced companies?...makes no sense...seems like they choose certain games that want to succeed and others that they give away to the lowest bidder hoping that it turns out OK...3rd party developers with bad track records such as High Voltage and Iron Galaxy were given high profile ports such as Mortal Kombat X and Arkham Knight while they gave Shadows of Mordor and Mad Max to Monolith and Avalanche which have much better track records...WB is a very strange publisher and I'm definitely not going to buy any of their future games until post-launch (even future Arkham games and I love that series)

Avalanche and Monolith have teams in-house to do PC versions. Netherrealm and Rocksteady don't have that. They have to be given to another studio to work on. WB just doesn't want to spend the money required to make the ports decent. They don't care about the quality and would rather get the most money out for the minimal amount of effort.

Avalanche and Monolith have teams in-house to do PC versions. Netherrealm and Rocksteady don't have that. They have to be given to another studio to work on. WB just doesn't want to spend the money required to make the ports decent. They don't care about the quality and would rather get the most money out for the minimal amount of effort.

didn't Rocksteady do the first two Arkham PC games in-house?

didn't Rocksteady do the first two Arkham PC games in-house?

I have no idea. Maybe? If they did then that means either they got rid of whoever did it or all the problems they had getting the game working on consoles meant that they needed all hands on deck and didn't have the resources to do an in-house port.

The game is great on PC. Shame. I showed off my PC to my cousin and this impressed him the most. Although seeing GTA V on an SLI system sort of blew his mind too.I thought this game quality and I paid full price for it. I was hoping this was a sign that developers were taking the PC more seriously.

Still about 20 Million bucks after Steam's take. Not bad for a port.

I doubt it; some of those copies came from third party key sellers like GreenManGaming, and I bet a lot of people "took a trip" to other regions, like Russia and Brazil, which means they paid even less for the game. I'd figure they got around 16 Million, maybe a bit less.

WB is a very scummy company. As if the Arkham Knight PC port BS wasn't enough... I don't plan on buying any of their games in the future - at least, not unless we can confirm the port isn't crippled by their incompetence and horrible business decisions.

I'm not surprised, they haven't released an update for this game since September last year and they never bothered addressing most of the issues, too busy releasing overpriced DLC instead of fixing issues and now they decided to ditch the PC platform. Just like the last Batman game which they claimed it was "unfixable" due to their laziness and incompetence because they show no desire for support for the PC community.

And then there's this:

zuR9ss0.gif

Back