way to make an outlook file web based?

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there any type of program that can manage web based email, but pull all old email from an outlook 2003 PST file?

if would be great if it would also write to that same PST file thus perserving old mail, and writting new mail in a format that outlook would accept.

I have many, many different email boxes all inside outlook, and it would save me so much time if I could access them from the web instead of having to remote desktop into my server. The problem is, most computers I work at don't have remote desktop enabled, or simply dont support it.

So being able to access all my email from the web would be so much better. Does anyone know of any program that will do this. (I'd prefer something free, but if it will do what I want I don't mind paying for it.)

Easy, just connect to an IMAP server (you may have one already) with Outlook, create folders on the IMAP server, and move all your existing email into those.

when I think of IMAP servers I think of things like yahoo mail and hotmail that do that whole integrate into outlook thing.

I do not want the email being handeled by a third party. Is there something that I can setup on my own domain that will accomplish this?

heh, ok... calm down :D

a google search has turned up quite a lot of different imap servers. Would you know any that are known to be good and easy to use, along with a wide array of features?

Also, will imap servers work with spam assassian that I already have setup server side?

I use and recommend Courier-IMAP.

SpamAssassin is integrated with your SMTP server and will not need to interact with the IMAP server in any way. IMAP is for access to email that's already on your server, SpamAssassin interacts with incoming email only.

Back