Watercooling my Shuttle XPC SB75G2....Work In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture 005.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Updated Pictures

why are there no heat-sinks on the two ram pieces under the water-tubing ? I dont want to hear, "because the heat will melt my tubing and blah blah and some more blah"... :)
you can put some sort of seperator between the two so they dont touch. What, it kinks the tubing ?

can you turn the gpu-block so the tubing is going towards the 9'oclock position ?

if thats the Asus 98xt :mad: ...(why in Gods name did you change the copper goodness Asus used?) just how much higher can you o/c the core ? While not being able to clock the memory ? Ya - ya, you must use your gpu water-block, i understand. :)

I think you've convinced me to get a Shuttle at some point....and maybe try to adapt my watercooling for it :D

I have the Asus 9800XT and the copper "goodness" that you refer too isn't the best solution for cooling the video card. The back plate still gets EXTREMELY hot and the front isn't much better. Also, as you increase the overclock and the longer its on, the more heat is dissipated into your case, thus the ambient temp inside ur case goes up thus not letting your card cool down that much UNLESS you have some series fans, which u can't in a shuttle. Hence watercooling is much better for a solution. It pulls the heat out and the temps don't fluxuate +10C during operation. All components stay cooler and thus u have a more stable system.

Goku, you should put some ram sinks on though. Not sure if you want the Monster Ramsinks or you can look @ frozencpu.com and check out their copper blocks... pretty nice. Again thanks for the Vapochill, hope it gets here soon.

hehehe
the waterblock is for the core... what will go on the back to cool the memory if NOTHING is there?( i dare you to say some passive heatsink) It gets hot ? ... :rolleyes: ... that means its doing its job. ya ...
IF you truely know what you are talking about , one would stick ANOTHER waterblock with some thermal tape DIRECTLY to the copper memory side to suck up all the heat generated by the memory. If your gonna argue or disagree with me, come correct will ya?

if he took the metal plate off to attach the waterblock, then OBVIOUSLY the copper plate on the back is GONE, thus how are you going to attach a waterblock to that? You should come right. Since you don't own this card or anything, its kinda hard for you to say anything. Passive heatsinks with good airflow works fine. If you know anything about GDDR memory, its that heat doesn't effect it as bad as it does system memory. Those memory chips can handle the excess heat and just including ramsinks and a fan blowing near it works perfect... no need for overkill just to get 1mhz. If your going to disagree, have something to fall back on. I've been watercooling for years and I know almost everything there is to know about that card and the best ways to keep it cool. And I know which is better for dissipating heat. Copper pulls it off faster but doesn't get rid of it quicker, aluminum gets rid of it faster but pulls it off slower.

um ever hear of a dremel ? I can show you my waterblocked asus98xt WITH THE COPPER BACKPLATE inplace... :eek: what ? :eek: im sorry huh ?
you never created anything in your life, why start now ?

You should come right
what an utter doom-ashe :) who said i didnt own this card you putz ?
im sorry what ...

uploadit2-IMG00007.JPG

years of watercooling huh ? mkay :)

Sepal said:
um ever hear of a dremel ? I can show you my waterblocked asus98xt WITH THE COPPER BACKPLATE inplace... :eek: what ? :eek: im sorry huh ?
you never created anything in your life, why start now ?

what an utter doom-ashe :) who said i didnt own this card you putz ?
im sorry what ...

uploadit2-IMG00007.JPG

years of watercooling huh ? mkay :)

Ownage....

By the way Goku are you doing this mod or is tommy?

|-Goku-| i believe is doing the mod, hey |-Goku-| - update us with some pictures as soon as your done with it again . Goku is the mad scientist :cool:

I know my Brother in law has my camera at the moment. But I still have to get some 40mm fans.

|-Goku-|

Goku whats the model number of the gpu block? im trying to hunt one down for a friend. Ohh and the shuttle is looking sick right now, Tks for selling it to me :) Psu is getting chromed right now,case might get chromed,and im getting on the 5 axis mill later to turn out some rails for the new cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back