Watercooling has never been as sweet as in the new house

oneil

Limp Gawd
wickedqy5.jpg

There's nothing quite like opening the basement window when it's -15C out :)

In b4 condensation?

In all seriousness, won't that put you at a risk for condensation if you're running that cold?

Typically any moisture in the air has already solidified into ice at that temperature and wont be "floating" as water vapor and condensing near the CPU heatsink, since it will likely already be solidified somewhere else.. The condensation risks are usually only when a specific small area, such as an LN2 heatsink are cooling the CPU.

Of course, there are always certain exceptions.

Not to mention, the OP will likely need a few layers of clothing after a few minutes with the window open at -15C.

Which will always be the case with air and almost always be the case with water cooling.

I just brought that up cause it sounds like he is placing his rad outside in the cold so it has the potential of occurring if the basement is heated

I just brought that up cause it sounds like he is placing his rad outside in the cold so it has the potential of occurring if the basement is heated

Not at all, the case is sitting 10' directly in front of the window, rad sucking air in through the front of the case (CM stacker)..

It got to <11C in my room, feet frozen, wanting to see how low it would go. I doubt there was any danger of condensation because the fans on my rad pull air through the rad and into the case, so as the ambient temp was slowly dropping so was the temp inside the case.

You should put your rad outside and pump your coolant through the walls via pipes. Or you should build an inside isolation box that you put your puter in.

When it gets that cold you have very dry air.

You are wasting energy
Dry air will have negative effects on your body
Dry air will have negative effects on your home's framing (or hardwood flooring if you have any)
Effects your wooden furniture
Discomfort, Sickness, and Tiredness may result from dry air
Increased static electricity
Increased volume of dust
Increased chance of infection as your windpipe can no longer effectivley self clean

You should put your rad outside and pump your coolant through the walls via pipes. Or you should build an inside isolation box that you put your puter in.

When it gets that cold you have very dry air.

You are wasting energy
Dry air will have negative effects on your body
Dry air will have negative effects on your home's framing (or hardwood flooring if you have any)
Effects your wooden furniture
Discomfort, Sickness, and Tiredness may result from dry air
Increased static electricity
Increased volume of dust
Increased chance of infection as your windpipe can no longer effectivley self clean

Or I could only have the window open to supercool my room to test how cold I can get my processor to run after overclocking it, and not actually living in 5C temperatures as noted nowhere in this thread. :)

Back