Watercooling flow restrctions; the lesser of two evils?

Spewn

2[H]4U
So, I've basically got two choices. Force my tubing to bend to the point of pinching down, OR put in a 90' elbow fitting. Now, I can minimize the flow restriction of the 90' elbow fitting by using an oversized fitting(1/2" barb, but the inside of the elbow I plan to use is much larger than that). I would *think* the 90' elbow would be the better choice, but I'm not totally sure on that, so before I go modifying my resevoir and redoing my watercooling loop, I'd like some input :D

do you have enough space for a 45 degree elbow, a short extension and then another 45 degree elbow?
that shouldn't hurt your flow quite as much as a single 90 degree elbow.

Unfortunately, I don't think so. I'll measure tomorrow when I'm not so tired, but I think 90' is my only option.

Have you tried using cable-ties at the point of the bend/pinch to reinforce the tube and hopefully stop it from kinking? I know that trick works like a charm for many MANY people.

A 90 bend would be ok, but not great for flow, especially since it seems to be one of your main concerns.

What kind of setup actually FORCES you to kink a hose? Maybe the whole setup could be laid out better to avoid such problems...

Whatever the case is, try the cable ties (2 or 3) and see if that helps get the kink straightend out. If not, a 90 bend should be ok.

I've tried both cable-ties, and hose clamps to no avail. It's just the way I designed my resevoir, I thought I'd have more room than I do :/

So it goes...

The 90 bend should be fine. It won't kill your flow too much. 2 45's would be better if you had room, but it doesnt sound like you have a lot:(

Back