Watercooling Component Guide for a 4P

Are all the VRM heatsinks compatible with any motherboard ?
How many do I need to buy on a SUPERMICRO H8QGL-IF+ ?
Should I put a Alphacool HF 14 Smart Motion Universal waterblock on the motherboard's chipset ?

http://www.enzotechnology.com/mos-c1.htm
that will be compatible with any board you get...

you can cool the chipset extra if you want... proper airflow will do fine as well.

What are you overclocking and how far are you trying to go?

No matter how cool you keep things...the traces can only deliver so much current before you get voltage migration and kill things anyways.

You would have to make custom blocks.

rezzing this thread to ask for help in my build thread

I would add some suggestions to the parts list:

aquastream XT USB 12V pump - Ultra version

This is an Eheim based pump, its pumping power lies between setting 4 and setting 5 on a D5 vario pump. D5s non-vario like the MCP655 suggested are setting 4, so the aquastream is a bit stronger, but more importantly, dumps less heat in the loop. It includes a temp sensor and is fully software controlled and allows remote monitoring.

aquainlet XT 150 ml with nano coating, fill level sensor

a (very expensive) reservoir made of glass. it fits inside the above pump and includes a fill level sensor, adding another layer of monitoring.

flow sensor thios one is compatible with the pump. it works like a health monitoring system for the loop, so one can decide when it is time to perform maintenance, before things get worse. it can detecet gunk deposits increasing resistance or partial pump failures, long before bad things happens.

7/16" tube over 1/2" barbs is cheap, but maybe adding one or 2 pairs of quick disconnects somewhere on the loop can allow easier disassembly? or use fittings all around?

6x120 rad surface is 50% above my initial plans. i will probably resort to used rads and go 3x240mm + 1x140mm rads:

a thin 25mm slim rad on the front
2x 30-45mm rads on top/bottom- this leaves space for mounting dual PSUs
a 140mm rad on the rear.

Subscribed because I've never seen a 2p+ water cooling setup (perhaps a 2p I have seen but super-rare)

Back