Watercooling a 6800

krizzle

Gawd
I have a Koolance Exos coming... And I may order a 6800U. Now, if I have a series on my watercooler installed like this: Overclocked 3200+ cooled by a Koolance CPU-300-H06, then the water from there flows to a GPU-180-L06. I wonder, with a few ramsinks and a light breeze, would such a waterblock in such a series cool a 6800u better than the stock heatsink?

Anyone got any experience watercooling a 6800 of any kind?

krizzle said:
I have a Koolance Exos coming... And I may order a 6800U. Now, if I have a series on my watercooler installed like this: Overclocked 3200+ cooled by a Koolance CPU-300-H06, then the water from there flows to a GPU-180-L06. I wonder, with a few ramsinks and a light breeze, would such a waterblock in such a series cool a 6800u better than the stock heatsink?

Anyone got any experience watercooling a 6800 of any kind?

Im currently using an exos system and cooling the CPU, NB and my 6800GT with no problems. You should only have to remove the fan assembly and gpu heatsink to install the waterblock. The ram heatsinks can be left in place and work well enough to cool the low voltage ggdr ram. Got my BFG 6800GT running at 440/1.13. Still haven't hit the max on card yet as I have yet to push it further. GPU under load running that rbithiahthingy maxes around 55C. Idle 45C on the GPU.

Click on the link below to see a picture of my 6800gt with block installed in system.
http://www.eqgov.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=539

Dude, that looks awesome!
I can't wait till I get my exos... too bad I prolly won't get a card to cool though..

Back