Watercooled SFF Suitcase Mod including touch display

quambo

n00b
Hi,
I'd like to show you my first suitcase mod.

My aims:
- Smallest possible size
- Replaceable components
- Include a biggest possible display with touchscreen
- Watercooling
- Stereo-Sound

The computer is not quite finished yet, especially the front around the display/speaker needs a nice frame. Also the cable management for the upper part needs to be reworked, it's quite a mess. Also for the bottom, a nice mesh panel or something might make it look much smoother. It's all still very raw and prototypish.

I've used small form factor components to get it inside the smallest possible case. And there is literally no space left around the hardware.
I was a bit worried if one 280 radiator would be sufficient for the components, but on idle/music/browsing the fans go minimal speed and I'm reaching around 32°C (Asus ROG Software). Under heavy load I'm getting 48°C with the fans on max speed (still not too loud).

Here are some more details!

Size:
- Outside: 477x365x145 cm
- Inside: 445x326x112 cm (72cm height for bottom part, 40cm for top part)

Components:
- Mainboard: Asus Impact
- Power: Silverstone SST-ST45SF 450W
- CPU: Xeon E3 1240V3
- GPU: Geforce 780
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x 8GB DDR3-1600

Watercooling:
- Radiator: MagiCool Copper Radiator 280 + BeQuiet Silentwings 2 PWM
- GPU: XSPC Razor GTX Titan / 780 + Backplate
- Pump: Laing DDC-Pumpe 12V DDC-1T + EK Water Blocks EK-DDC X-RES 100 CSQ
- CPU: EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy

Etc.:
- Suitcase: Hofbauer CityBag SL 1030 https://www.hofbauer.de/citybag_sl.html
- Display: Sharp LL-S201A 20" with touch
- Speaker: Teufel Bamster

I hope you like that thing, I'll keep you updated as soon as I pimp the aesthetics!

Pictures:
alez7dg9.jpg

Picture 1
uqozl97v.jpg

Picture 2
csdtewfn.jpg

Picture 3
c98woexo.jpg

Picture 4
z3uwoh2h.jpg

Picture 5
z3uwoh2h.jpg

Picture 6

While its very interesting, I don't think over 25L can be considered SFF

But yeah, you stuck a 20" LCD in, certainly great work

While its very interesting, I don't think over 25L can be considered SFF
Normally I'd agree with you, but this is so far out of any standard form factor it's hard to argue, especially when you consider it also accommodates a touch panel display.

It will be cool to see this finished up. If this is indeed a prototype, you should go with a more stylish briefcase for the final product. Or more utilitarian. Excellent concept!

Well.. I've considered if it fits in this section, but the bottom part is crammed into a sub 15L volume, so I've decided this wouldn't be such off topic. I think using this layout within an aluminium case put on your AV-receiver would give you a nice watercooled HTPC rig, effectively filling literally all space.

Back