Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Water Block Breakdown @ [H]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Water Block Breakdown

We have been waiting for Watercool's new Threadripper water block to show up so we could get to testing it, but they sold so many that they were taking care of their customers first before sending us a review unit. That is something you have to like about a company when you see them going to bat for their customers. Let's see what the Heatkiller is all about.

I love Heatkiller blocks. They're not the best looking blocks out there but they perform really well and tend to be reasonably priced.

This tear down has me excited. I can't wait to see the testing. Visually inspecting it, it ticks the major boxes; flow direction and coverage of IHS with fins. You would think this would be a no-duh for the block engineers, but given the number of poorly designed blocks for TR4, guess not.

This tear down has me excited. I can't wait to see the testing. Visually inspecting it, it ticks the major boxes; flow direction and coverage of IHS with fins. You would think this would be a no-duh for the block engineers, but given the number of poorly designed blocks for TR4, guess not.

I think most of these companies are too tight assed to hire a CFD consultant. Hell 5 minutes with one and they would learn so much.

Best videos on the net being clear, concise and to the point on what counts on a PC build. Looks like a very nice design, look forward to the results.

Interesting design with that slot in the center, I'm looking forward to the results.

Very much looking forward to seeing how this stacks up. Tax time is near, and that ROG STRIX X399 looks mighty sweet...

Nice :)

I am a huge fan of all their stuff and I am not surprised how promising this block looks.

Now bolt it on and play harder than ever before ,)

I have a bunch of Heatkiller stuff.
The craftsmanship, attention to detail and ease of installation are superb.
I would guess that Threadripper block is also wicked heavy.

I'm anxious to see how this fares against the other blocks.
My money is on the Heatkiller.

I love Heatkiller blocks. They're not the best looking blocks out there but they perform really well and tend to be reasonably priced.

Beg to differ. I love the look of their designs(maybe not the Swiss cheese "hole edition" one lol).

Craftsmanship is top notch. They're my go to for blocks

Beg to differ. I love the look of their designs(maybe not the Swiss cheese "hole edition" one lol).

Craftsmanship is top notch. They're my go to for blocks

I tend to prefer more minimalist designs where-as a lot of the Heatkiller stuff I've seen leans more on the industrialist side of things. Though this block is pretty nice and clean looking.

Impressive!

Breakdown music had me like...

giphy.gif

I tend to prefer more minimalist designs where-as a lot of the Heatkiller stuff I've seen leans more on the industrialist side of things. Though this block is pretty nice and clean looking.

This is the design I like

image.jpeg

Is that a 1080Ti block?

Looks like the HEATKILLER IV for GTX 1080Ti (ACRYL Ni-Bl version). The Titan/1080Ti block has a angled cutout for the DVI port.

Killer looks (in a German Industrial design kind of way), and quite heavy with the backplate (around 1050g total).

Last edited:
Looking good! And well designed. Will be interesting to see how this performs in testing.

Only problem with all that neat window stuff is unless you are on an open bench or have an unconventional motherboard mounting, you
never see the window......to me a waste of money.
I just buy the cheap full copper-acryl blocks and a spanky backplate.

I reshot this video with better focus on the flow channels. The flow was not as dramatic on this restart, but you can see it a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back