WaterCool.De HEATKILLER IV PRO Goes with the Flow

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We were getting the HEATKILLER IV PRO water block fired up here on the test bench for a bout of AMD Threadripper abuse and I left a bunch of extra air in the lines so we could get a look at the flow pattern during startup.

More hardware pr0n.

IMG_20180220_224320.jpg

I've always wanted to know (and pardon me if this is a stupid question), but where do you get those bendy bits on the end of your tubes? I assume they are kink prevention. They don't look like the "not-quite-springs" that I've gotten from Koolance for that purpose - actually they look more effective.

I've always wanted to know (and pardon me if this is a stupid question), but where do you get those bendy bits on the end of your tubes? I assume they are kink prevention. They don't look like the "not-quite-springs" that I've gotten from Koolance for that purpose - actually they look more effective.

Those are Primochill anti-kink coils.
They are ordered according to the OD of your tubing and come in all sorts of colors.
The retail pack has usually two long pieces in each pack.
Cost is minimal.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/tubing-springs-sleeves

On another note......Heatkiller is well known for beaucoup water flow through their blocks.
This looks like a real winner!!

Those are Primochill anti-kink coils.
They are ordered according to the OD of your tubing and come in all sorts of colors.
The retail pack has usually two long pieces in each pack.
Cost is minimal.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/tubing-springs-sleeves

On another note......Heatkiller is well known for beaucoup water flow through their blocks.
This looks like a real winner!!
That is exactly where I purchased mine from.

The music was great. How much did you speed up that video, or is that how fast the water flows?

I really liked the soundtrack
Figured a German company deserved a little bit of techno track.
The music was great. How much did you speed up that video, or is that how fast the water flows?
None of it was sped up. The slow motion parts were done at 25%. Flow on that block is over 4 liters per minute.

Here is the "same" video with no slow motion.

Nice job Kyle, I think you are really getting the hang of this PC stuff.

Back