Waterblock for MSI 290x's in crossfire, recommendation?

LaCuNa

Limp Gawd
Hello Hard members!

I've got a pair of 290'xs in my rig, with ample space. There is a whole PCI-E slot between them, so they are not ontop of another squished.

I'm not sure whether my card(s) pictured below are reference design PCB's or not.
MSI_R9_290X_GAMING_4G_01.jpg

Andddd...looking for a waterblock that would fit these cards. I'll be honest, never used watercooling on a GPU before, so this would be my first time. But one of my cards is hitting 93C when i play AOC, and that's too much for me. I'd rather water cool em both and have piece of mind.

Any recommendations on a waterclock guys? like i said my first time so could you recommend all parts that could work with my setup?

thanks all, good day :)

You can check the EK configurator that may help you figure out if it is a reference block. I generally just look around for reviews that show cards sans cooler. Techpowerup usually has high res PCB shots that are great for referencing.

As a G10 user and a previous water cooler, I definitely suggest building a water cooling loop with the GPU's and throwing in the CPU over using 3 AIO cooling units.

You can check the EK configurator that may help you figure out if it is a reference block. I generally just look around for reviews that show cards sans cooler. Techpowerup usually has high res PCB shots that are great for referencing.

thnx man, that website is awesome, didn't know it even existed but it's bookmarked now :cool:

As a G10 user and a previous water cooler, I definitely suggest building a water cooling loop with the GPU's and throwing in the CPU over using 3 AIO cooling units.

yea man, i was kind of thinking if i use seperate AIO coolers for each GPU, i'll end up with 3 including the CPU ...although my case is pretty big, i don't know if all these AIO's will fit in /play nicely.

So after checking EK configurator, it seems my MSI cards are not reference design.

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to watercooling, how would i go about building a water loop connected to both GPUs ? got any websites that could help? i'd like to atleast keep the kraken x60, it's mounted and installed and i really don't want to rip that out after i already installed it.

thnx!!!

edit: compared a sapphire 290x refrence, with my card, both PCB's like almost identical. more investigation needed on my part thnx all

Last edited:
Back