water reservoir not at the top how do you solve this?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
I am changing my case to a Fractal Design XL R2 and want to do without my reservoir. In my current build it´s at the top so no big problem refilling. However thinking of getting a new system with the reservoir in the radiator but I just can´t see how I can get that on top of my CPU and GPU cooler. Do I have to get some T-section on top of my reservoir in this case.

The only reason you need a high column of water is to provide net positive suction head to the pump. Not sure what pump you said but if you're using something like the ever popular D5/MCP655 I can't even find any documentation that says what kind of NPSH it requires other than "don't run dry" so it probably doesn't need very much. If you're that worried you could just run a T with a section of tubing to the top of the case to use as the fill port, as far as NPSH and overall system pressure goes it doesn't matter how high in the system the res is just the height of the water column.

Well refilling would be impossible if i can't get the reservoir or Refill at top or is there some magic trick? It's more that then positive pressure to the pump I am worried about. Not sure what that fill port would do?

Back