Water cooling noob takes on another custom loop

I think I've ordered everything now.

eb1.jpg

eb2.jpg

az.jpg

youre missing a stick of ram...
how are those extension? i was thinking of getting a set...

youre missing a stick of ram...
how are those extension? i was thinking of getting a set...
lol yeah my test bench is borrowing a stick of ram. And I have 2 more in transit for quad channel. I will get some pics of the extensions and my opinion when I start building, I honestly haven't checked them out yet, I bought them based on the positive reviews.

i like that tubing. i tried so hard to fine matte black, everything was oos or weeks away, so i got fuel line for a go cart...

i like that tubing. i tried so hard to fine matte black, everything was oos or weeks away, so i got fuel line for a go cart...
I lucked out, this stuff was like $18 for my weird size of 7/16 ID 5/8 OD. Hoping it makes for a nice clean look when finished.

Here is the 3090FE cooler next to the 3090FE with the bykski water block, HUGE size difference! Waterblock was a huge pain to install and I can't recommend you buy this brand based on my experience....

20210613_161830.jpg

I couldn't figure out a good spot for the pump. I was going to drill out some holes for the mount, but ended up 3D printing a plate/mount in the vacant hard drive bay for my pump to mount to. Came out pretty good.

20210615_091110.jpg

20210615_091150.jpg

20210615_133629.jpg

Tubes all run! This was a pretty straightforward setup, I wanted to keep it clean and easy to work on. I didn't use a res since my rads have ports on both sides and I can easily fill the loop from the top of the top rad, but in hindsight, it would've been a nice addition to the basement of the case.

20210615_180253.jpg

I did opt to add a drain this time!

20210615_180847.jpg

It passed the dry pressure test, so running the pump overnight to get out any remaining bubbles before topping it off and firing it up!

20210615_222300.jpg

Looks good but i dont know about not being able to tell if your water level is getting low. Or am i missing a microres hiding around in there somewhere?

Looks good but i dont know about not being able to tell if your water level is getting low. Or am i missing a microres hiding around in there somewhere?
no, no res. I got every bit of air out of the loop last night, there is literally none, and I can clearly hear if there is air going through the loop, not too worried about it with the zero maintenance tubing. Maybe I'll add a sight glass to the top off the rad where the plug is though.

Back