Water Cooling Gurus... what can I use for a Asus R 2 Gene?

undertheradar

[H]ard|Gawd
I would prefer something from Danger Den or from the same guys that make the Heatkiller 3.0, but what blocks can I use to cool my Asus Rampage 2 Gene chipsets/caps? Primary concern is the x58 chipset (nb) because it gets hot...

Okay, I REALLY need a cooler for that x58 NB, without air, it hits 85C easily... so I need mosfet cooling as well. I think the SB is a lost cause because it has NO clearance... perhaps some heatpipe solution.

But what waterblocks will work on this bugger?

I would prefer something that goes with my Watercooling Heatkiller style heatsinks and DD GTX285 waterblock (so something by EK, DD, etc...), but whatever works (1/2" ID hose). Come one guys... toss me a bone here!

Here are the specs for the retainer pins (pins on the MOSFETs, screws on the x58 NB).
Genespecs.jpg

Well depending on how hardcore you really want to get, you could design your own block in something like autocad or solid works and send the design off to be milled... It would probably cost a fortune (over 100) but you would have a custom cooler. On the other hand it might be cheap, I have no idea how much machining time costs, but with a intricate design such a water block it would have to take quite a bit of time.

Well, if someone knows of a winner, I could modify an existing block's mounts to work... that would be better than making one from scratch...

Back