Water block arrived for 6900xt

Here it is with some pictures. Please forgive me for indulging myself. I thought that [H]ard should have some kind of record of this card with this block.
IMG_2750 (2).JPGIMG_2750 (2).JPGIMG_2751 (1).JPGIMG_2747.JPGIMG_2757 (2).JPGIMG_2753 (1).JPGIMG_2755 (1).JPGIMG_2758 (1).JPGIMG_2754 (2).JPGIMG_2759 (2).JPGIMG_2761 (1).JPGIMG_2746 (1).JPG
So I am not very good at editing [h]ard posts but I got the block today and installed it. The block is the heaviest I have ever dealt with including two hydrocoppers and a 5700xt liquid devil. One thing I like about the block is that it feels custom. That may be sunk cost falacy, however the block is really solid and I feel like it has to offer better cooling than the vanilla vector offering. This is just an assumption based on weight and feel. The aesthetics are growing on me, but I cannot help feel that this block was an afterthought based on what EK is offering Nvidia founders edition blocks. I will say this; I really thought that NVIDIA made a great looking and original cooler for the FE cards. I did not think that AMD matched them until I received this card. I have to say the 6000 series reference card looks better and feels better than any reference card I have ever had my hands on. I would rather have this card(if I was air cooling) than a Red Devil, for example. This card feels unoriginal and at the same time over engineered like a 500 dollar custom mechanical keyboard. I did not think that I would dread taking off the cooler, but I did. Tommorrow I retire a system that I thought looked really good, but has performed badly, to try and make something that does both. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Have to admit. I'm a little jelly!
Finally got some approval from the big Z! So a few months ago I managed to snag the last pc v3000 in North America, a case I always wanted to build in. Once I secured my 6900xt at msrp(ok i had to buy a shittypsu but i didnt get scalped....ok newegg scalped the fuck out of me but...fuuuck, leave me alone ok) I was ready to break down my old system and start the new build. Hopefully it will find some interest with you guys as I am going all out on this build including taking my hobby to the next level and monitoring coolant to control temps in my system.

Attachments

• IMG_2774.JPG
    IMG_2774.JPG
    459.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2772.JPG
    IMG_2772.JPG
    313.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2773.JPG
    IMG_2773.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2782.JPG
    IMG_2782.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2775.JPG
    IMG_2775.JPG
    438 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2778.JPG
    IMG_2778.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    459.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2783.JPG
    IMG_2783.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So as you can see I have the bottom radiator plumbed in. This was a lot of firsts for me. First time installing an acrylic floor, first time drilling holes, first time using pass through fittings. The result looks awesome but I will admit I was off in my measurement by a half inch. You can see this on the right side in the second picture with the offset fitting. Love that fitting it saved me and allowed me to keep the plumbing level and perfectly perpendicular. EK's vertical mount worked great, it is really solid and I think the cables look better than any build ive ever done so far. Tommorrow I will measure and do some more drilling and mount the res. Wish me luck on that. My goal is to not damage the case by using the natural gaps in the spine. Of course if I have to I will do what is needed. Hopefully the runs from the video card and the optimus block will line up to allow it.

Last edited:
I don't like how those blocks look. I like seeing the channels inside and all. Enjoy tho. It is still pretty cool.

I don't like how those blocks look. I like seeing the channels inside and all. Enjoy tho. It is still pretty cool.

EK usually offers acetal and plexiglass versions of their blocks to go either way.

The build is coming along, I have been busy so it is going slower than normal, but I hope to have tubing in place tonight ready for a leak test. I have learned some lessons from this build. The main one is to use paper and make templates when drilling holes rather than have your wife hold the assembled reservoir against the back of the case while you try and mark where the screws will go. As you can see in one of the pics the FLT res is slightly off level. I dont think it is noticeable, it is very close. My plan to hide the flow meter behind the acrylic panel did not go perfectly because the video card and cpu ports line up too closely. There was no way I could fit the highflow next unit between the two 90 degree rotaries so I had to route it the way I did. IMG_2831.JPGIMG_2830.JPGIMG_2829.JPGIMG_2828.JPGIMG_2827.JPGIMG_2826.JPGIMG_2825.JPGIMG_2823.JPGIMG_2824.JPG

Looks like I am ready to do leak testing. I really used a lot of fittings on this build. As you can see I really like offset fittings, maybe too much, I cant explain why i just think they are cool. I would rather use an offset than a small bend if I can. I wanted everything parallel and perpendicular so I think I am going to redo the run from the res to the bottom rad, it looks out of place. Toninght leak testing then the hard part, hooking up all the rgb and fans to the aquaero and lian li controller. I am going to try and run the fans off the aquaero 6 and the rgb off the lian li controller, I think that should work.IMG_2839.JPGIMG_2840.JPGIMG_2841.JPGIMG_2842.JPGIMG_2843.JPGIMG_2844.JPG

Did I mention this build is heavy, I mean really heavy and I have yet to put in the PSU or the coolant.

Back