watchOS 3.1 Battery Life Improvement

Stugots

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anybody noticed a huge improvement in battery life on their Apple Watch after upgarding to watchOS 3.1?

Ever since I've upgraded my battery life has vastly improved. I've been off the charger since about 8:00AM this morning and I'm still at 96%. Before I would have been at around 60-65% by this time in the afternoon. I have a 42mm Series 1.

Enormous improvement here. At this point in the day, I'd be down to about 85%. I'm currently at 97%.

Stuff like this is why I roll my eyes at the insinuation that Apple is losing its software edge.

Are these improvements exclusive to the Series 1/2 watches, or does the 1st gen Apple Watches see similar improvements too?

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll need to remember to update mine.

Been running on battery for 9 hours now, down to 90%. It almost feels like it's a bug. I think I might try not charging mine tonight to see if I can go a second day.

Yup, huge improvement for me as well. 2 days and still had 19% left. That is amazing.

I have the 1st Gen Apple Watch and I haven't noticed any drastic battery life improvements. Maybe an extra 3-5% battery life at the end of the day. But then again, I've never had any battery life issues with my watch - typically after 15 hours my watch still has over 60% battery life (before and after 3.1). Lowest % I've ever hit after 1 day use (15-16 hours) is 52%.

My Series 1 has gotten substantially better battery life since I updated. Whereas before a whole day gone by would put me at 33%, now I'm only down to maybe 78%. Great improvement.

what did they change that gave it better battery life? Also anyone know where I can buy a series 2 42mm. Theyre sold out like everywhere.

what did they change that gave it better battery life? Also anyone know where I can buy a series 2 42mm. Theyre sold out like everywhere.

I've been looking for one since they announced. Cant seem to find one. I really want the stainless steel one this time around.

Back