Watching TV on Monitor

Skizzy

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello,

Let me first start off by saying I *tried* to search this topic on the forum already, but it's hard as the word "TV" is too short for the search to look for. I've spent countless hours looking around on Google about this, as I am very unfamiliar with the names of audio/video cables, though I have learned a bit since I started looking.

Anyways.

I would like to watch my standard cable TV on my monitor, as my monitor (Westinghouse 24" WS) is much nicer than my TV (Symphonic 20").

My TV has a Yellow "Video" Slot, and a White "Audio" Slot on the front of the TV- nothing in the back. My Monitor has a HDMI slot, and YPbPr slots. My video card (8800GT) has an extra DVI slot, and an S-Video slot.

Is it possible for this to work just buying some cables? Or is this not possible at all, and I'm just dreaming?

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Did almost another hour of straight research, and maybe what I'm looking for is a TV tuner. I was looking at the HDHomeRun, but I'm not sure if it's for me or not. It definitely sounds like it though. I have comcast cable/internet, and we have the digital cable on Demand stuff downstairs, but as far as I know, no HD channels, especially since we have no HD TVs.

I am going to bed now, all this is making me insane, and I've stayed up much later than I should have. Going to do some more research tomorrow, and I really appreciate any and all feedback I get, if any. ;)

Thanks again.

Just get an HD Cable box from your cable TV provider and hook it up to the Westy with the HDMI or Component cables.

Did almost another hour of straight research, and maybe what I'm looking for is a TV tuner. I was looking at the HDHomeRun, but I'm not sure if it's for me or not. It definitely sounds like it though. I have comcast cable/internet, and we have the digital cable on Demand stuff downstairs, but as far as I know, no HD channels, especially since we have no HD TVs.

I am going to bed now, all this is making me insane, and I've stayed up much later than I should have. Going to do some more research tomorrow, and I really appreciate any and all feedback I get, if any. ;)

Thanks again.

Im fairly sure the hdhomerun doesnt have an NTSC tuner, so you wouldnt get any of the standard analog channels with it.....

Back