Watch the Hulk Speak in New Thor: Ragnarok Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Marvel’s latest trailer for Thor: Ragnarok is currently the #1 trending video on YouTube, and I can see why people are excited: the Incredible Hulk will be joining Thor, Loki, and other franchise staples to battle Hela, the goddess of death in a stylized context reminiscent of what we saw in the Guardians of the Galaxy films. There seems to be a bit of Zack Snyder here, too, based on those ultra-artistic, slow-motion shots.

Oh great. Another superhero movie... Real original...

So how much is this movie borrowing from the Planet Hulk storyline?

Good question. I expect at least a decent amount of that specific part of the film to borrow from Planet Hulk, though I doubt we'll see a lot of the Planet Hulk characters or some of the specific plotlines from the story.

Oh great, another comment about there being another superhero movie. Real original.

I always figured the hulk if given more lines than "Puny God" would be spoken more so like that in the first two new planet of the apes movies. But w/e the Thor movies have always left a little to be desired so I dont have the bar set terribly high.

Last edited:
Its setting it up for it.
There is a world war hulk film due. Whether it is set pre or post thing who knows...

Don't count on it. Universal still holds the rights to Hulk solo movies.

Since when does the Hulk have intelligible conversations? I thought his vocab was limited to "Hulk Smash!"

Meh nevermind I'm sure there's some super deep comic book reason for it.

Don't count on it. Universal still holds the rights to Hulk solo movies.
depends on how they play it. If it starts of with the Avengers fighting hulk and getting him off the planet & then introducing Skar, it maybe enough to show it isn't a hulk solo

The director of this made the excellent Hunt for the WIlderpeople and What We Do In The Shadows.

Well worth a watch! The guy can do comedy.

Since when does the Hulk have intelligible conversations? I thought his vocab was limited to "Hulk Smash!"

Hulk went through a lot of intellectual phases in the comic books .. he could speak pretty well during the Planet Hulk story arc .. It seemed that his linguistical talents were a bit more advanced in the comic book than what is being portrayed in the trailer here.

Could be good, but I don't think Hulk looks real. It's not quite video game rendering, but it's not Planet of the Apes or even Gollum. Still, I may check it out. I was never into comics, but aside from the Iron man sequels, they've been pretty solid.

They just need to buy up the Jaws franchise from Universal .. and they will!! :eek:

Or they'll just outright buy Universal. Considering Universal isn't exactly making tons of money these days I almost expect them to do just that.

They were planning on doing this in the second avengers movie but I think they moved away from it to force the iron man vs hulk scene. I'm a bit dissatisfied with that move (if true) but I'm glad they are finally adding it.

I mean the bad guy (girl) looks like the "evils step mother" in EVERY Disney movie ever made.

she is just lame as hell to look at, and yea I have not seen any of the Disney Star Wars movies.

I mean the bad guy (girl) looks like the "evils step mother" in EVERY Disney movie ever made.

she is just lame as hell to look at, and yea I have not seen any of the Disney Star Wars movies.
I think its a pretty faithful representation of the comic books and she looks pretty cool .. my initial reaction was that of yours back when a pic was released but after viewing the trailer I have since changed my stance on this important matter!

latest

Hela is a goddess of death and that look (with some variations) has been part of her character since she was introduced in the 60s.

Then stick to the controversial dramas and stuff you like.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time, much better than the first, which I found meh, and pretty much anything in the past few years. I actually laughed and was entertained whole film. Other than that there really hasn't been much for good action(haven't seen John Wick 2 yet), sci-fi etc.

You know they've got these planned out for years, right? I'm getting a little tired of them and I like superhero movies, but they're not going away anytime soon. It's not like they would be replaced with other movies you might like better. I mean, this is Hollywood we're talking about here.

As best I can tell, they borrowed the concept of the arena/gladiator fights and a possibly a couple of the other gladiators. Instead of the Red King, you get the Grand Master (the Collector's brother, Collector was Benicio Del Toro in GOTG). I also spotted a blue colored version of Korg that was Hulk's ally in Planet Hulk. He appears at 1:32. I've heard rumors of Miek making an appearance, but as something different than a bug alien.

There is also a dialog from Thor (as hinted in the previous trailer) that is almost exactly the same as what Hulk says about the Silver Surfer (comic version of Planet Hulk, not the animated movie).

I'm very glad this is trending higher than that bullshit Rock / Siri video. Shows that there may be hope for the species.

Can Marvel step up their game and do something half logical with Hulk's pants? I mean his waist is 2-3 times the width of an regular character, yet they hold together just fine, except a little shredding bellow the knee? Come on. His pants should actually exploded off his body leaving his giant member swinging in the wind. It would be blurred and pixelated as it is only a PG movie, but it would be hilarious and possibly the only reason to see the film.
Couldn't Iron Man make his some special high-tech shorts with incredible stretching ability?

Can Marvel step up their game and do something half logical with Hulk's pants? I mean his waist is 2-3 times the width of an regular character, yet they hold together just fine, except a little shredding bellow the knee? Come on. His pants should actually exploded off his body leaving his giant member swinging in the wind. It would be blurred and pixelated as it is only a PG movie, but it would be hilarious and possibly the only reason to see the film.
Couldn't Iron Man make his some special high-tech shorts with incredible stretching ability?
I always assumed the shorts were provided by Stark at some point, but the best they could do was stretch and couldn't necessarily handle everything else his legs were exposed to when he had the need to start smashing things.:D

Back