Watch People Give Up Their Passwords on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We are all concerned with keeping our personal information private, especially our passwords. Watch the video clip of people on the street giving up their closely guarded passwords to Jimmy Kimmel on a live broadcast all over the US. It just goes to prove that the biggest threat to cyber security is still PEBCAK. :eek:

I wish I could say this is fake. But everyday at work I have numerous people try to give me their password to their computers. Not thinking that multiples have stated they only use one password for everything.

Damn this US folks always creating new words (talking about PEBCAK) xD

Funny, because we barely use any diminutive at all.

Is anyone really surprised by this? I bet most of these people who gave up passwords use the same one for a lot of sites.

I bet (or maybe just hope) they had to ask a lot of people to find these 'idiots'.

Dress up, have a woman with a mic, get the camera and go phishing!!!!

Easier than taking candy from a baby.

Funny that so many of the YouTube comments were calling this video fake, staged, etc. when I know the majority of my clients, friends, and relatives would do the same damned thing no matter how much I'd caution them. The subtle, frightening implication of this video is also something they share: that most consider "my password" as a singular thing, which they reliably use everywhere.

Who the hell actually watches Jimmy Kimmel or Jimmy Fallon.

Funny little tidbit...

I know the guy who coined PEBCAK...

Used to work at UA as head of tech support for in house...

Basically running their systems and networks. Awesome dude! Had some amazing acronyms...

I wish these types of shows would show up somewhere where I am...I would have said mine is 'bigtitiedladywithamiconthestreet69'

we used to get in trouble for using PEBCAC as a resolution in tickets...once they started emailing the ticket requester with the notification that the issue was resolved and notes we were sunk (of course the idiot tech who told a user what it stood for didnt help).

My favoritve password of trustno1 is still sound and safe. If it's cracked, my hunter2 backup password will kick in.

Damn this US folks always creating new words (talking about PEBCAK) xD

Funny, because we barely use any diminutive at all.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... you do realize that term is at least 20 years old, right? I heard it as a kid.

Back