watch out rev n' roli: it's poon and spoli's best-friend watercooling extravanganza

Wow... Lookin' nice guys. Keep up the good work. This is a nice little twist to the usual worklogs and I'll be lookin' back in on this one.

forgot to post this :D

spoli.jpg

spoli + soldering iron = stand 10ft back

Yeah... He doesn't look like one to trust with any sort of tool that uses electricity :D

ahh sweet, i go there also, you should of taken patricia euzent, i had her and she is such an awesome teacher.

Dillusion said:
Soooooo....

[snip]

qp4.jpg

Notice all the blue shit stuck inside the little thingies in my cuplex pro, AS IF! NEVER again will i use this garbage....
[snip]

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn... good to know... is the additive supposed to be for color only? wow... thanks for the heads up. :)

yea he knows he shoulda jsut used the pentosin from day one.. but noooooo he wanted to use silly powwwwwwderrr.

Well its all done! Everything is in but not without a few problems...

The DVD burner i have rightnow it too big so i had to order a short one from newegg that should be here on wednesday.

My second problem was a leak...i screwed one of my plug n cools in crooked and it caused the lower threads of my mini res to leak, but thats ben fixed and everything is running fine now. All in all I really like it and remember why i dont like big towers :D

I do have pics and ill upload them as soon as i can get photochop installed to resize them.

I also sold my 6800 on ebay and i just bought an X1600XT from newegg, so once that gets here there will be another set of pics aswell.

but i want it nooooowww. Im thinking about getting one, should be fun to play with especially since pretty much no one has one (except for you :p )

In preperation of the X1600XT and Shorty ASUS DVD+-RW :

ispy.jpg

DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Everything is in pieces right now. I plan to buy some black mirrored plexi off ebay to fit into the windows this week aswell...

I gave up building until I get my abit back from RMA.

It turns out the m/b got stuck on error 90...i started the system with all my new Hardware without resetting the bios and it broke somehow.

I wanna sell the AN8 and get the DFI Ultra just becasue...

so that is what im doing

everything is going great except for the dead m/b.

orther than that, i'm ready to build when i get back to orlando (Janruary 9th)

My new summer build is alreay a mini computer such as poons

except mine will be sweeter :)

Well its been a great two days over here. Yesterday i got mynew short ASUS DVD+-RW that will fit in my QPACK along with my new VC toy, the x1600xt. Today my mushkin 2GB kit just came in, so fucking sweet!

For those of you that dont know, monarch had a price mistake or stock clearance of mushkin 2x1GB kits for 125$! and with 2-3-2-6 latency, its a fucking steal! this kit retails for 250$ at newegg and ZZF so whoever got in on it ran away happy as hell, like i did!

on with the new hw pics:

x161.jpg

x162.jpg

x163.jpg

mush1.jpg

mush2.jpg

Aside from all this, i have new plans for the sff:

ive decided to WC the NB and as an XMAS present my mom ordered me an Aqua-Computer twinplex pro NB cooler and another goody i dont really need :D

xmas.gif

More to come this weekend

I did some minor things to keep myself busy in preperation of the NB block that didnt fucking come today. I worked on the mounting screen for the twinplex GPU. the holes didnt line up so I had to drill my own. I also cleaned the core on my x1600 and snapped some pics of ati's new goods.

I also took the shitty clear panels off the QPACK in preperation of the black ones that are coming in soon.

qp51.jpg

qp52.jpg

qp53.jpg

qp54.jpg

qp55.jpg

I'm lovin these double worklogs - you get an update in half the time it would normally take...:D

Keep it up guys ;)

haha yea dual worklogs pwn, especially if they have common themes and stuff.... hey dillusion you plan on take pics in focus anytime soon homie? :p

el rolio said:
haha yea dual worklogs pwn, especially if they have common themes and stuff.... hey dillusion you plan on take pics in focus anytime soon homie? :p

new camera :p im workin on it

Dillusion said:
Well i finally put the inside back together, working right this time!

xq25.jpg

I wouldn't recommend that you mount your CPU that way unless you have those screws mounted to a backing plate. Otherwise you will definitely tweak your precious MB. I drilled out my CPU backing plate and used round head metric machine screws. The springs used on Aqua Computer CPU waterblocks put a tremendous amount of pressure on the waterblock.

I would be willing to bet he does have a back-plate under the mobo... :)

EDIT: but those posts are pretty large... maybe he bored the back-plate holes out?

revenant said:
I would be willing to bet he does have a back-plate under the mobo... :)

EDIT: but those posts are pretty large... maybe he bored the back-plate holes out?

Nope, no back plate. Its just the screws and the washers and the bolts. IMHO i dont need a backplate and the mobo is not moving or warping at all.

What block is going on there? (it's AC of some sort I reckon :)) was is the one you had to clean the debris out of?

Just got the 7800gt for 248 shipped to my door

Anyoen looking to buy a BRAND NEW XFX 6800gt.

I RMA'd it and they sent me a BRAND Spanking new one.. RETAIL minus the games

I love XFX.

Anyway, My m/b is coming back from RMA too,

I'll be up and running by Mid January.

No more modding needs to be done, everything was finished before the break.

I'll be running this:

AMD A64 3000+ Venice 270x10 (With divider if I get 2gb of ram)
Abit AN8 Ultra m/b
2x1gb PC3200 (Or my 1gb of Corsair TCCD)
Jaton 7800gt
Lite-On DVD Burner
Innovatek w/c for the cpu, and quite possibly the videocard
120gb SATA HD - Primary
200gb SATA HD - Storage
My TT Tsunami case with quite the wire management
Antec Neopower 480w

Poon is so mad about my 7800, he says theres no need for it, but he's just jealous he didnt get one :)

Thats fine if you got one, i dont need one....my x1600 plays bf2 at 1280x1024 just fine.

End points. IM working on my close up picture taking so i should have more up later tonight.

TehRoflcopter said:
I'm almost willing to bet that almost no air goes through that radiator, does it Dillusion?

im working on getting tubing of some sort to go in between there to act as a tunell, i have no idea what tho.

...so I was going back through this thread and wanted to say I like the way your (dillusion) other rig turned out a lot! it looks slick! the black and the UV with blues and such... the 1/4 tubing looks very nice.. the window shows the right parts off - so you don't get any drive bay... anyways, cool and the gang! just wanted to mention that. :D

So i went to radio shack and picked up some LED thingies for the front of the case. These will be blue/red led's that will be powered by the aquaero and turn red when im gaming and turn blue when the system is idle.

pix:
xp41.jpg

xp42.jpg

xp43.jpg

xp44.jpg

xp45.jpg

xp46.jpg

xp47.jpg

xp48.jpg

ur a dork poon.

ur lucky im wasted

gondi night

thats right
ghandi

muhatma

w00t w00t

<3

So i cut and fixed on the black plexiglass windows today. MUCH better than the stock clear pieces of shit it comes with. IM missing a few screws but ill find them somewhere. If i can find a way to mount my cuplex pro on lga775, im moving to a p4 setup in january.

xp91.jpg

xp92.jpg

xp93.jpg

xp94.jpg

Back